- Marigee Bacolod
Graduate School of Business and Public Policy
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: mbacolod (at) nps.edu
PhD - UCLA, 2002
MA - UCLA, 2000
BA - UCLA, 1997
Economics (Summa Cum Laude)
- 2014-present: Associate Professor of Economics, GSBPP
- 2012-2013: Adjunct Faculty, Orfalea College of Business, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
2010-2011: Consulting Economist
2002-2010: Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, UC Irvine
1999: Consultant, The World Bank
- Labor Economics, Program Evaluation, Applied Econometrics
- Labor Economics, Economics of Education, Urban Economics
- 2006-2007 Haynes Foundation Faculty Fellowship Grant.
2006 European University Institute Centre for Advanced Studies Jean Monnet Fellowship (declined).
2003-2005 AERA Research Grant.
2001 Winner, Poster Awards at the Population Association of America Annual Meetings.
1999 Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award, UCLA.
1997-2001 Edwin Pauley Fellowship, UCLA.
- American Economic Association member
- Bacolod, Marigee, John DiNardo and Mireille Jacobson. "Beyond Incentives: Do Schools Use Accountability Rewards Productively?" Journal of Business and Economics Statistics, 30, 1 (January 2012), pp 149-163.
Bacolod, Marigee, and Bernardo S. Blum, "Two Sides of the Same Coin: U.S. 'Residual Inequality' and the Gender Gap," Journal of Human Resources, 45, 1 (Winter 2010)
Bacolod, Marigee, Bernardo S. Blum, and William C. Strange. "Elements of Skill: Traits, Intelligences, and Agglomeration," Journal of Regional Science, 50, 1 (Februrary 2010), pp 245-280.
Bacolod, Marigee, Bernardo S. Blum, and William C. Strange. "Skills in the City," Journal of Urban Economics, 65, 2 (March 2009) pp. 136-153.
Bacolod, Marigee. "Do Alternative Opportunities Matter? The Role of Female Labor Markets in the Decline of Teacher Quality, 1960-1990," Review of Economics and Statistics, 89, 4 (November 2007), pp 737-751.