- Mina Pizzini
Graduate School of Business and Public Policy
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: wjpizzin (at) nps.edu
Ph.D. - The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 2002
Applied Economics and Management Science, Accounting Concentration
M.B.A. - Amos Tuck School of Business Administration, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH, 1995
B.S. - McIntire School of Commerce, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, 1989
B.S. in Commerce, Accounting Major
- Graduate School of Business and Public Policy, Naval Postgraduate School,
Associate Professor - 2012-Present
- ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE
- Edwin L. Cox School of Business, Southern Methodist University, Assistant Professor - 2005-2012
- University of Texas at Dallas, Assistant Professor - 2001-2005
- Atlantic-Richfield Company, Financial Analyst - Treasury, 1995-1996
- The DuPont Company, Internal Auditor and Business Analyst - 1989-1993
- 2011 and 2012 Management Accounting Section Operations Committee: Liaison to AAA annual meeting
- 2011 Best Paper Award Committee for Management Accounting Section of the AAA annual meeting.
- 2010 Resident Faculty, AAA Management Accounting Section Doctoral Colloquium
- Ad hoc reviewer for The Accounting Review, Advances in Accounting, Behavioral Research in Accounting, Contemporary Accounting Research, Health Care Management Review, European Accounting Review, International Journal of Accounting Information Systems, International Journal of Revenue Management, Journal of Labor Economics, Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Journal of Accounting Research, Journal of Economics and Management Strategy, Journal of Management Accounting Research, Management Accounting Research, Management Science.
- Ad hoc reviewer for AAA Management Accounting Section Meetings, 2004-2012 and AAA Annual Meetings 2006, 2008-2010
- Cox School Executive Education
- Instructor for Cox Summer Business Institute 2006-2010
- University of Texas at Dallas Committees
- University-wide Core Committee for the Support of Women and Minorities, 2002, 2004-2005
- School of Management Teaching Committee, Spring 2002-2005
- Accounting Department Tenured Faculty Search Committee, Fall 2003-2005
- Course coordinator for Introduction to Management Accounting (AIM 2302), Fall 2004-2005
- "Performance and Control Issues Related to Franchising" with James Hesford and Gordon Potter
"SOX and Investor Share Classes" With Shu Lin
"Physician-owned Hospitals and Competition." With Frances Kennedy and Sally Widener
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS: (View an extended list)
- The University of Texas at Dallas:
- American Accounting Association and Ernst and Young, L.L.P. New Faculty Consortium Fellow, 2003
The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania:
- Deloitte and Touche Fellowship
- Wharton Doctoral Fellowship
- General Electric Fellowship
- American Accounting Association Doctoral Consortium Fellow, 1998
Amos Tuck School of Business Administration, Dartmouth College:
- Morrissey Scholarship for Academic Performance, 1994-1995
McIntire School of Commerce, University of Virginia:
- Beta Gamma Sigma, Beta Alpha Psi
- "The Judgmental Effects of Strategy Maps in Balanced Scorecard Performance Evaluations." With Rajiv D. Banker and Hsihui Chang. International Journal of Accounting Information Systems. 2011,12(4):259-279.
"The Role of the Internal Audit Function in the Disclosure of Material Weaknesses." with Shu Lin, Mark Vargus, and Indranil Bardhan. The Accounting Review. 2011, 86(1): 287-324.
"Group-Based Compensation in Professional Service Firms: An Examination of Medical Group Practices." The Accounting Review. 2010, 85(1): 343-380.
"Performance-Based Compensation in Member-owned Firms: An Examination of Medical Group Practices." With Christopher D. Ittner and David F. Larcker. Journal of Accounting and Economics. 2007, 44(3): 300-327.
"The Relation between Cost-System Design, Managers' Evaluation of the Relevance and Usefulness of Cost Data, and Financial Performance: An Empirical Study of U.S. Hospitals." Accounting, Organizations and Society. 2006, 31(2):179-210.
"The Balanced Scorecard: Judgmental Effects of Performance Measures Linked to Strategy." With Rajiv D. Banker and Hsihui Chang. The Accounting Review. 2004, 79(1):1-23.