- Marco S. DiRenzo
Graduate School of Business and Public Policy
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: msdirenz (at) nps.edu
PhD - LeBow College of Business, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA, 2010
MBA - Lerner College of Business, University of Delaware, Newark, DE, 2004
BA - Villanova University, Villanova, PA, 1999
- Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey CA (2010 - present)
- GB3010: Managing for Organizational Effectiveness - (core curriculum)
- GE3010: Organizations as Systems & Structures - (core curriculum, Video Tele-Conference format)
- Other Teaching Experience
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA (2006 - 2010, Concurrent with PhD Program)
- ORGB631: Leading Effective Organizations (core curriculum)
- ORGB625: Leadership & Professional Development (core curriculum)
- ORGB300: Principles of Organizational Behavior (core curriculum)
- 5/04 - 5/05 Financial Specialist, Wachovia Bank, N.A., Philadelphia, PA
- 3/00 - 8/02 Regional Manager, COVO Marketing, Inc. (Cydcor Ltd.), San Francisco Bay Area Region, Concord, CA
- 6/99 - 03/00 Assistant Manager of Outside Sales, Platinum Marketing, Inc. (Cydcor Ltd.), D.C. Metro Region, Alexandria, VA
- My research focuses on the intersection of career development, leadership and team processes, and the work/life interface. In particular, I focus on the underlying processes and contexts that impact effectiveness and well-being across both the work and non-work domains.
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS: (View an extended list)
- Professional Service and Activities
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Vocational Behavior, 2013-present
- Reviewer, Journal of Organizational Behavior, 2010-present
- Reviewer, Journal of Vocational Behavior, 2011-present
- Member, Academy of Management, 2007-present
- Member, Western Academy of Management, 2008-present
- Member, Eastern Academy of Management, 2007-2009
- DiRenzo, M. S., Weer, C. H., & Linnehan, F. (2013). Protégé Career Aspirations: The Influence of Formal E-mentor Networks and Family-based Role Models. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 83: 41-50.
DiRenzo, M. S. & Greenhaus, J. H. (2011). Job search and voluntary turnover in a boundaryless world: A control theory perspective. Academy of Management Review, 36: 576-589.
DiRenzo, M. S., Greenhaus, J.H., & Weer, C. H. (2011). Job level, demands, and resources as antecedents of work-family conflict. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 78: 305-314.
DiRenzo, M. S., Linnehan, F., & Shao, P. (2010). A moderated mediation model of e-mentoring. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 76: 292-305.
Greenhaus, J. H., Callanan, G. A. & DiRenzo, M. S. (2008). A boundaryless perspective on careers. In Cooper, C. L. & Barling, J. (Eds.) Handbook of organizational behavior. 277-299. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.