- Terry Alfriend
Space Systems Academic Group
Graduate School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: ktalfrie (at) nps.edu
PhD - Virginia Tech, 1967
MS - Stanford University, 1964
BS - Virginia Tech, 1962
- Visiting Professor - TENCAP Space Chair 1994-1996
- Visiting Professor - 2003 - present
- 2003 - Texas A&M University, College Station, TX. TEES Distinguished Research Chair Professor of Aerospace Engineering
- 2001 - 2003 Texas A&M University, College Station, TX. Wisenbaker II Chair Professor of Aerospace Engineering.
- 1997 - 2001 Texas A&M University, College Station, TX. Head of the Department of Aerospace Engineering.
- 1994 - 1996 Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, CA
- 1985 - 1993 GRC, International, Vienna, VA. Director, Washington Group, Special Projects Division.
- 1983 - 1985 CIA, Office of Development and Engineering
- 1974 - 1983 Naval Research Laboratory, Washington, DC. Head, Advanced Systems Branch, Space Systems Division.
- 1973 - 1974 NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center NRC/NAS Senior Postdoctoral Research Associate.
- 1967 - 1973 Cornell University, Ithaca, New York. Assistant Professor, Department of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics.
- 1962 - 1965 Lockheed Missiles and Space Co., Sunnyvale, CA
- Space Control
AWARDS: (View an extended list)
- Astrodynamics, SSA, dynamics & control of satellite formations
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS: (View an extended list)
- 2009 NASA Aeronautics & Space Engineering Board (ASEB
- 2005 Appointed to the Air Force Institute of Technology Board of Visitors
- 2004 Appointed to the USAF Air University Board of Visitors
- Member-AIAA, AAAS, AAAS, SIAM
Astrodynamics, Space control, Space systems