- Scot A. Miller
Research Associate Professor
Department of Information Science
Graduate School of Operational and Information Sciences &
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: scot.miller (at) nps.edu
MA - Naval War College, 2001
National Security and Strategic Studies
MS - Naval Postgraduate School, 1994
MBA - University of West Florida, 1986
BS - United States Naval Academy, 1978
- Joined NPS 2007 as a Research Associate Professor with the Cebrowski Institute
- 2007-2008 PEO C4I PMW-120 Maritime Domain Awareness
- 2007-present Office of Naval Research Adaptive Architectures for Command and Control
- 2008 PEO C4I PMW-750 CVN-79 Bandwidth Wargame
- 2009 SPAWAR 5.1.1 Global Wargame
- 2009-2010 ASN RDA CHSENG NR-KPP Policy Influence
- 2009-2011 JIEDDO Test Board JTB Information Sharing Initiative
- Twenty nine years of Naval service, 1978-2007.
- Naval aviator since 1979. Various flying billets with the Maritime Patrol Aircraft and Training communities.
- Catapult and arresting gear officer, 1986-1988.
- Modeling and simulation officer, Pacific Fleet, 1994-1997.
- Director, Sea Based Battle Laboratory, U.S. THIRD Fleet, 1997-1999.
- Director, Net Centric Innovation Center, U.S. THIRD Fleet, 1999-2000.
- Deputy Program Director, Communications, Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command, 2001-2003.
- Commanding Officer, Navy Center for Tactical Systems Interoperability 2003-2005.
- Chief, Knowledge Management, Multi National Force, Iraq, 2004-2005.
- Director, Assessments and Experimentation, Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command, 2005-2006.
- Technical Director and Director of Technical Authority, Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command, 2005-2006.
- Acquisition transformation
- Non classified operations
- Naval support for international disaster response
- Knowledge management
- Data strategy and information production and dissemination
- Assorted Naval individual decorations and command awards
- President, Association of Information Professionals
- Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association
- Keywords: knowledge management, InRelief.org, non classified operations, information production, acquisition improvement, combined test, evaluation, and certification, NR-KPP