- Chong Wang
Graduate School of Business and Public Policy
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: cwang (at) nps.edu
ABD - University of Rochester, 2005
PhD - Iowa State University, 1998
MS - Iowa State University, 1998
BS - University of Science and Technology of China, 1991
- Associate Professor, 2014-present
Assistant Professor, 2007-2014
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Long Island University
Senior Associate, Financial Advisory Service, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Accounting
Defense-Related Management Accounting
Corporate Finance and Economics
- 2016 Research Excellence Award in Disciplinary Research
- Graduate School of Business & Public Policy, Naval Postgraduate School
Best Paper Award (3rd Place),
- 2012 Fifth International Public Procurement Conference, Seattle, WA. "The Excessive Profits of Defense Contractors: Evidence and Determinants" (with Joseph San Miguel)
Best Paper Award on Global Financial Markets,
- 2011 The Chinese Finance Association (TCFA) Annual Meeting, New York, NY, "Dynamics of Entrepreneurship under Incomplete Markets" (with N.Wang and J.Yang)
PACE (Premium for Academic Excellence) Award, Iowa State University, 1994-1995
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS: (View an extended list)
- 2012-Present, Member of the editorial board of Asian Journal of Business Research.
Member of American Accounting Association
Member of American Economic Association
- "Career Concerns and Earnings Management," with Demers, E., Journal of Business Accounting and Finance Perspectives, forthcoming.
"Investment, Tobin's q, and Interest Rates," with Lin, X., Wang, N., and Yang, J., Journal of Financial Economics, forthcoming.
"The Potential Misinterpretation Problem of Residual Based Models Due to Industry Misclassification," with Shao, L., and Zhang, C., Asian Journal of Business Research, Volume 7, Issue 1, 1-26, (2017).
"Optimal Consumption and Savings with Stochastic Income and Recursive Utility," with Neng Wang, and Jinqiang Yang, Journal of Economic Theory, Volume 165, 292-331, (2016)
"Contemporaneous Verification of Language: Evidence from Management Earnings Forecasts," with Steve Baginski, Elizabeth Demers, and Julia Yu, Review of Accounting Studies, Volume 21, Issue 1, 165-197, (2016).
"Political Connections of the Boards of Directors and Department of Defense Contractors' Excessive Profits," Journal of Public Procurement, Volume 14, No. 1, 96-122, (2014)
"Are Cost-plus Defense Contracts (Justifiably) Out of Favor?", with Joseph San Miguel, Journal of Governmental and Nonprofit Accounting, Volume 2, Issue 1, 1-15, (2013).
"Banking Systems, Innovations, Intellectual Property Protections, and Financial Markets: Evidence from China," with Po-Hsuan Hsu and Chaopeng Wu, Journal of Business Research, Volume 66, Issue 12, 2390-2396, (2013).
"On the Scientific Status of the Conscious Capitalism Theory," California Management Review, Volume 55, No. 3, 97-106, (2013).
"Conscious Capitalism Firms: Do They Behave as Their Proponents Say?" California Management Review, Volume 55, No. 3, 60-86, (2013).
- Keywords: Corporate Finance, Accounting