- Chong Wang
Graduate School of Business and Public Policy
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: cwang (at) nps.edu
ABD - University of Rochester, 2005
PhD - Iowa State University, 1998
MS - Iowa State University, 1998
BS - University of Science and Technology of China, 1991
- Associate Professor, 2014-present
Assistant Professor, 2007-2014
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Long Island University
Senior Associate, Financial Advisory Service, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Accounting
Defense-Related Management Accounting
Corporate Finance and Economics
- Best Paper Award (3rd Place),
- 2012 Fifth International Public Procurement Conference, Seattle, WA. "The Excessive Profits of Defense Contractors: Evidence and Determinants" (with Joseph San Miguel)
Best Paper Award on Global Financial Markets,
- 2011 The Chinese Finance Association (TCFA) Annual Meeting, New York, NY, "Dynamics of Entrepreneurship under Incomplete Markets" (with N.Wang and J.Yang)
PhD Program Fellowship, University of Rochester, 2002-2006
Graduate College Scholarship, Iowa State University, 1994-1998
PACE (Premium for Academic Excellence) Award, Iowa State University, 1994-1995
- 2012-Present, Member of the editorial board of Asian Journal of Business Research.
Member of American Accounting Association
Member of American Economic Association
- "Optimal Consumption and Savings with Stochastic Income and Recursive Utility," with Neng Wang, and Jinqiang Yang, forthcoming, Journal of Economic Theory
"Contemporaneous Verification of Language: Evidence from Management Earnings Forecasts," with Steve Baginski, Elizabeth Demers, and Julia Yu, Review of Accounting Studies, Volume 21, Issue 1, 165-197, (March 2016).
"Political Connections of the Boards of Directors and Department of Defense Contractors' Excessive Profits," Journal of Public Procurement, Volume 14, No. 1, 96-122, (2014)
"Are Cost-plus Defense Contracts (Justifiably) Out of Favor?", with Joseph San Miguel, Journal of Governmental and Nonprofit Accounting, Volume 2, Issue 1, 1-15, (December 2013).
"Banking Systems, Innovations, Intellectual Property Protections, and Financial Markets: Evidence from China," with Po-Hsuan Hsu and Chaopeng Wu, Journal of Business Research, Volume 66, Issue 12, 2390-2396, (December 2013).
"On the Scientific Status of the Conscious Capitalism Theory," California Management Review, Volume 55, No. 3, 97-106, (Spring 2013).
"Conscious Capitalism Firms: Do They Behave as Their Proponents Say?" California Management Review, Volume 55, No. 3, 60-86, (Spring 2013).
"The Excessive Profits of Defense Contractors: Evidence and Determinants," with Joseph San Miguel, Journal of Public Procurement, Volume 12, No. 3, 386-406, (2012)
"A Unified Model of Entrepreneurship Dynamics," with Neng Wang and Jinqiang Yang, Journal of Financial Economics, Volume 106, 1-23, (2012)--- This paper was previously circulated under the title "Dynamics of Entrepreneurship under Incomplete Markets."
"How Does the Cost Performance of Defense Contracts Vary Among Services and Contractors? Evidence from Major Defense Acquisition Programs (MDAP)," with K.J. Euske and Joseph San Miguel, Advances in Management Accounting, Volume 20, 75-100, (2012)
"Does the Monitoring Role of Buyout Houses Improve Discretionary Accruals Quality?" Accounting and Finance, 50(4), 993-1012, (2010)
- Keywords: Corporate Finance, Accounting