- Edouard Kujawski
Department of Systems Engineering
Graduate School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: ekujawsk (at) nps.edu
PhD - Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1969
MS - Polytechnic Institute of Brooklyn (Unified Honors Program), 1966
BS - Polytechnic Institute of Brooklyn (Unified Honors Program), 1965
- Oct 2005 – present, Associate Professor, Department of Systems Engineering
- 1999 – 2000, Adjunct Professor, Engineering Department, San Jose State University
- 1973 – 1975, Assistant Professor, Physics Department, Carnegie-Mellon University
- 1971 – 1973, Post-Doctoral Fellow, Physics Department, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 1969 – 1971, Fellow, Center for Theoretical Physics, University of Maryland
- 2000 – 2005, Senior Systems Engineer, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- 1985 – 2000, Staff Engineer, Lockheed-Martin
- 1981 – 1985, Principal Consultant, Los Alamos Technical Associates and NUTECH
- 1975 – 1981, Senior Engineer, General Electric
- Risk analysis and management
- Reliability/Availability/Maintainability engineering
- Software dependability
- Reliability management
- Decision analysis and tradeoff studies
- Tradeoff studies under certainty and uncertainty
- Decision analysis under uncertainty including multi-state worlds
- Risk analysis for projects including technology, performance, cost, schedule, and safety
- Group decision-making
- Design and analysis of high-dependability systems
- Reliability/dependability of interdependent systems and infrastructures
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS: (View an extended list)
- INCOSE Board of Directors, San Francisco Bay Area Chapter
- Referee for Systems Engineering Journal and papers for INCOSE meetings
- IEEE member
- E. Kujawski, J.E. Kline, and D. Angelis, Dynamic Cost Risk Assessment for Controlling the Cost of Naval Vessels, Proceedings of the 5th Annual Acquisition Research Symposium, Vol. II, pp. 272-287, May 2008.
- E. Kujawski and G.A. Miller, Quantitative Risk-Based Analysis for Military Counterterrorism Systems, Systems Engineering, Vol. 10, No. 4, 2007, pp. 273-289.
- E. Kujawski, Multi-Period Model for Disruptive Events in Interdependent Systems, Systems Engineering, Vol. 9, No. 4, (2006), 281–295.
- E. Kujawski, Regret as an Element of Deterministic Tradeoff Studies, Conference on Systems Engineering Research, Los Angeles, April 06-07, 2006.
- E. Kujawski, M.L. Alvaro and W.R. Edwards, Incorporating Psychological Influences in Probabilistic Cost Analysis," with, Systems Engineering, Vol. 7, No. 3, (2004), 195- 216.
- Keywords: Risk analysis and management of R&D projects, decision-making under uncertainty, trade-off studies, probabilistic risk analysis, design and analysis of high-reliability/availability systems, systems engineering process.