- Amela Sadagic
Research Associate Professor
Mail Code: MV
Modeling, Virtual Environments, and Simulation Institute
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: asadagic (at) nps.edu
PhD - University College London, 1999
- 2004 - Present: Research Associate Professor at Modeling Virtual Environments and Simulations (MOVES) Institute
- 2005 - Present: Co-Chair of NPS Internet2 Committee
- 2003 - 2004 Partnership for Emerging Learning Environments, Researcher and co-Director
- 1999 - 2003 Advanced Network & Services, Armonk, NY, Director of Programs and Senior Computer Science Researcher
- 1998 University of Westminster, School of Computer Science, London, U.K., Visiting Lecturer
- 1997 University of North Carolina, Department of Computer Science, Chapel Hill, NC , Visiting Scholar
- 1996 - 1998 University College London, Department of Computer Science, London, U.K., Researcher
- 1995 Queen Mary and Westfield College, London, U.K. , Laboratory Supervisor
- 1991 - 1992 University of Sarajevo, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Department of Computer Science, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Teaching Assistant
- 1987 - 1992 Energoinvest Co., Institute for Automatics and Computer Science (IRCA), Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Senior Research Engineer
- Human Factors in Virtual Environments
- Modeling and Simulations
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS: (View an extended list)
- computer graphics and virtual environments
- human factors and presence in VR
- learning and training in game based systems and simulations
- evaluation of learning and training effectiveness in computer supported environments
- multiuser communication and collaborative environments
- diffusion of innovation
- broadband networking and applications (Internet2)
- Amela Sadagic (2007), The Deployment and Use of Virtual Training Simulations: What Does It Take to Serve the Needs of Majority of Its Users?, New Learning Technologies Orlando 2007 SALT Conference, Orlando, FL, Jan 31 - Feb 2, 2007.
- Amela Sadagic, Rudy Darken (2006), Combined Arms Training: Methods and Measures for a Changing World, NATO workshop Virtual Media for Military Applications, US Military Academy, West Point, NY, 13-15 June 2006.
- Herman Towles, Wei-Chao Chen, Ruigang Yang, Sang-Uok Kum, Henry Fuchs, Nikhil Kelshikar, Jane Mulligan, Kostas Daniilidis, Loring Holden, Bob Zeleznik, Amela Sadagic and Jaron Lanier (2002). 3D Tele-Immersion Over Internet2, International Workshop on Immersive Telepresence (ITP2002), Juan Les Pins, France, December 2002.
- Amela Sadagic, Herman Towles, Loring Holden, Kostas Daniilidis, Bob Zeleznik (2001), Tele-immersion Portal: Towards an Ultimate Synthesis of Computer Graphics and Computer Vision Systems, 4th Annual International Workshop on Presence, Philadelphia, USA, May 2001.
- Mel Slater, Amela Sadagic, Martin Usoh, and Ralph Schroeder (2000), Small Group Behaviour in a Virtual and Real Environment: A Comparative Study, Presence: Teleoperators and Virtual Environments, Vol. 9, No. 1, Feb. 2000.
- Keywords: Virtual environments, computer graphics, human factors, training, game-based systems, simulations, evaluation of training effectiveness, diffusion of innovation