- Edward H Powley
Associate Professor of Management
Graduate School of Business and Public Policy
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: ehpowley (at) nps.edu
PhD - Case Western Reserve University, 2005
MA - The George Washington University, 2000
BA - Brigham Young University, 1997
- Assistant Professor of Management, Graduate School of Business and Public Policy, Naval Postgraduate School, 10/06 to present
- Visiting Assistant Professor of Management, Case Western Reserve University, 2005-2006
- Senior Research Associate, Corporate Executive Board, Corporate Leadership Council, 1999-2000.
- Projects Assistant, The World Bank Group, Economic Development Institute/ Learning and Leadership Center, 1997–1999.
- Organizational development change
- Organizational theory
- Organizational behavior
- Leadership development
- Strategy and organizational change
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS: (View an extended list)
- Member, Academy of Management, since 2000
- Bright, D., F. Barrett, R. E. Fry & E. H. Powley, “The Generative Potential of Cynical Conversations,” in Advances in Appreciative Inquiry, D. Cooperrider & D. Zandee (Ed.). Amsterdam: Elsevier JAI Press, 2009.
- Powley, E. H. “Reclaiming Resilience and Safety: Resilience Activation in the Critical Period of Crisis,” Human Relations, 62(9): 1289-1326, 2009.
- Powley, E. H. & K. Piderit. “Tending Wounds: Elements of the Organizational Healing Process,” Journal of Applied Behavioral Science, 44(1), 134-149, 2008.
- Powley, E. H. & K. S. Cameron. “Organizational Healing: Lived Virtuousness Amidst Organizational Crisis,” in The Virtuous Organization: Insights from Some of the World’s Leading Management Thinkers, C. Manz, K. Cameron, K. S. Manz & R. Marx (Ed.). Hackensack, NJ: World Scientific Publishing, 2008. (pp. 21-44)