- Edward H Powley
Associate Professor of Management
Graduate School of Business and Public Policy
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: ehpowley (at) nps.edu
PhD - Case Western Reserve University, 2005
MA - The George Washington University, 2000
BA - Brigham Young University, 1997
- Associate Professor of Management, Graduate School of Business and Public Policy, July 2013 to present.
Assistant Professor of Management, Graduate School of Business and Public Policy, October 2006-June 2013.
- Visiting Assistant Professor of Management, Case Western Reserve University, 2005-2006.
Senior Research Associate, Corporate Executive Board, Corporate Leadership Council, 1999-2000.
Projects Assistant, The World Bank Group, Economic Development Institute/ Learning and Leadership Center, 1997-1999.
- Organizational development and change
Strategy and organizational change
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS: (View an extended list)
- Member, Academy of Management, since 2000
Navy Operational Stress Control Research Group
- Powley, E. H., & S. N. Taylor. 2014. Critical incident approach to crisis management education: Facilitating and fostering resilience and healing through leaders. Journal of Management Education.
Bright, D. S., E. H. Powley, F. E. Fry, & F. J. Barrett. 2014. The generative potential of cynical conversations. In D. L. Cooperrider, & D. Zandee (Eds.), Advances in Appreciative Inquiry. Amsterdam: Elsevier.
Powley, E. H. 2013. The processes and mechanisms of organizational healing. Journal Applied Behavioral Science, 49: 42-68.
Powley, E. H. 2012. Organizational healing: A relational process to handle major disruption. In K. S. Cameron, & G. S. Spreitzer (Eds.), The Oxford Handbook of Positive Organizational Scholarship (pp. 855-865). New York: Oxford University Press.
Powley, E. H., & W. Powley. 2012. Building strength and resilience: How HR Leaders enable healing in organizations. People and Strategy, 35(4): 42-47.