- Terry D. Norbraten
Faculty Associate - Research
Modeling, Virtual Environments, and Simulation Institute
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: tdnorbra (at) nps.edu
MS - Naval Postgraduate School, 2004
BS - Interdisciplinary Studies from Norfolk State, 1994
AS - Digital Technology from San Diego City College, 1992
- May 2005 - present, Research Associate
- Retired as an O-3E/LT from U.S. Navy Surface Warfare Community on 28 FEB 05. Spent 11 years as enlisted (selected for Chief Petty Officer) and 11 years commissioned service.
- Modeling and Simulation (M&S)
- XML based Java development
- Autonomous Unmanned Vehicle (AUV) Workbench, Waterside Security (WSS)
- Java Networking, Forward Error Correction (FEC)
- XML Schema-based Binary Compression (XSBC) development
- Norbraten, T.D., “Utilization Of Forward Error Correction (FEC) Techniques With Extensible Markup Language (XML) Schema-Based Binary Compression XSBC) Technology”, Master’s Thesis, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, CA, December 2004.
- Norbraten, Terry, XML Schema-based Binary Compression (XSBC) and Forward Error Correction (FEC) Functionality for AUV Workbench (AUVW) Mission File Archiving, technical report NPS-MV-2005-00X, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, California, May 2005.
- Keywords: XML Schema-based Binary Compression (XSBC), Extensible Modeling and Simulation Framework (XMSF), Forward Error Correction (FEC), Extensible Markup Language (XML), Extensible 3D Graphics (X3D), Java Networking (java.net)