- Aruna Apte
Graduate School of Business and Public Policy
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: auapte (at) nps.edu
MA - Temple University, Philadelphia, PA,
PhD - Southern Methodist University, Dallas TX,
- 6/2005-Present, Assistant Professor of Operations and Logistics Management
- 1999 - 2005 Lecturer, Cox School of Business, Southern Methodist University
2000 - 2002 Consultant, MCI/WorldCom Corporation
- Mathematical Modeling, Operations Management, Humanitarian Logistics
- Developing mathematical models and algorithms for complex real world operational problems, specifically in Humanitarian Logistics
- Military Logistics
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS: (View an extended list)
- First Place Award Winner, W. Gregor Macfarlan Excellence in Contract Management Research and Writing Program, 2010, National Contract Management Association (NCMA) for paper titled, "Contracting for the Services in the U.S. Army: Empirical Study of the Current Management Practices"
Liskin Faculty Award, 2009, GSBPP, NPS
Selected for Young Researchers Roundtable, 2007, by NFORMS (Institute of Operations Research and Management Science Society) for the Conference in OR Practice, Vancouver
Selected as Emerging Scholar, 2007, by POMS (Production and Operations Management Society) at the Annual Conference, Dallas
Selected for the Inaugural class of 'AgKnowledge' with Scholarship, 2007, by Organization offering Educational Programs to community leaders, policy makers, media and business executives, Monterey County
Faculty recognition award for Outstanding Teaching, 2005, Cox School of Business, SMU
Gold Medal in Mathematics, Secondary School Certificate Examination, Mumbai, India
- A. Apte, R. Rendon, and J. Salmeron, "An optimization approach to strategic sourcing: A case study of the United States Air Force", Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management, 17(3), December 2011, Forthcoming.
A. Apte and S. Heath, "Request and Response Processes for Department of Defense Support during Domestic Disasters", Journal of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, 8(1), Article 17, 2011.
A. Apte, "Supply Chain Networks for Perishable and Essential Commodities: Design and Vulnerabilities", Journal of Operations and Supply Chain Management, 3(2), 2011, pp 26 - 43.
A. Apte, U. Apte, and R. Rendon, "Services Supply Chain in the United States Navy: An Empirical Study of the Current Management Practices", Journal of Public Procurement, 4(11), December 2011, Forthcoming.
A. Apte, U. Apte, and R. Rendon, "Contracting for Services in the U.S. Army: Empirical Study of the Current Management Practices", Journal of Contract Management, 8(1), 2010, pp 9-21, Best Paper Award.
J. Salmeron and A. Apte, "Stochastic Optimization for Natural Disaster Asset Prepositioning", Production and Operations Management, 19(5), 2010, pp 561-575.
Aruna Apte, "Humanitarian Logistics: A New Field of Research and Action", Foundations and Trends® in Technology, Information and OM: Vol. 3: No 1, 2009, pp 1-100.
- Keywords: Humanitarian Logistics, Mathematical Programming, Operations Research and Management