- Vladimir N. Dobrokhodov
Research Associate Professor
Mail Code: MAE/DOV
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Graduate School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: vldobr (at) nps.edu
PhD - Zhukovskiy Air Force Engineering Academy, Moscow, 1999
Aerospace Engineering Sciences
MS - Zhukovskiy Air Force Engineering Academy, Moscow, 1993
MS - Moscow State Aviation Institute, Moscow, 1991
Aerospace Engineering Sciences
- December 2004-present: Research Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical and Astronautical Engineering
- February 2001-August 2004: National Research Council (NRC) Post-Doctoral Research Associate, Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- August 2004 - December 2004: Post-Doctoral Researcher, University of California at Santa-Barbara, CA, USA.
- 1997-1999: Senior Research Associate, Zhukovskiy Air Force Engineering Academy, Moscow, Russia
- 1995-1997: Research Associate, Zhukovskiy Air Force Engineering Academy, Moscow, Russia
- 1991-1995: Senior Engineer, Zhukovskiy Air Force Engineering Academy, Moscow, Russia
- 1986-1998: Active Duty, Russian Air Force (resigned as Major)
- Flight Mechanics
- Flight Dynamics and Control
- Classical and Modern Control
- Modeling and Simulation
- Numerical Methods and Digital Computations
- Operations Research and Applied Optimization
- Flight Mechanics and Trajectory Optimization
- Real Time Embedded Flight Control Systems
- Guidance, Navigation and Control of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, Integration of Vision into Guidance and Control
- Cooperative Control and Combat Maneuvering of Multi-Vehicle Formations, Combat Effectiveness
- Applied Nonlinear control, Adaptive Control
- Optimal Control
- Modeling and Simulation of Mechanical Systems
- Multidimensional Vector Optimization and Systems Identification
- US National Research Council Post-Doctoral Fellowship Award, 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004
- Mikojan Design Bureau Certificate of Recognition, 1999
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS: (View an extended list)
- Senior Member, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA)
- Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Xargay E., Dobrokhodov V.N., Kaminer I.I., Pascoal A., Hovakimyan N., and Cao C., "Time--Coordinated Path Following of Multiple Heterogeneous Vehicles over Time--Varying Networks," invited paper for IEEE Control Systems Magazine, to appear in Special Issue on UAVs and Controls, 2011.
- Dobrokhodov V.N., Xargay E., Hovakimyan N., Kaminer I.I., Kitsios I., Cao C., Gregory I., Valavani L., "Experimental Validation of L1 Adaptive Control: Rohrs' Counterexample in Flight", accepted for publication to Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, 2010.
- Lee D.J., Kaminer I.I., Dobrokhodov V.N., and Jones K.D. "Autonomous Feature Following for Visual Surveillance Using a Small Unmanned Aerial Vehicle with Gimbaled Camera System," invited paper in International Journal of Control, Automation, and Systems, vol. 8, num. 5, 2010, pp. 957-966, DOI 10.1007/s12555-010-0504-1.
- Kaminer I.I., Pascoal A.M., Xargay E., Cao C., Hovakimyan N., Dobrokhodov V.N., "3D Path Following for Small UAVs using Commercial Autopilots augmented by L1 Adaptive Control," Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, N 0731-5090 vol.33 no.2 (550-564) 2010.
- Ma L., Cao C., Hovakimyan N., Dobrokhodov V.N., Kaminer I.I., Adaptive Vision-Based Guidance Law with Guaranteed Performance Bounds for Tracking a Ground Target with Time-Varying Velocity, AIAA Journal of Guidance, Control and Dynamics, vol. 33, No. 2, 2010.
- Aguiar A.P., Pascoal A.M., Kaminer I.I., Dobrokhodov V.N., Xargay E., and Hovakimyan N., "Time-Coordinated Path Following of Multiple UAVs over Time-Varying Networks using L1 Adaptation," North Atlantic Treaty Organization, Research And Technology Organization, RTO-EN-SCI-202, 2009.
- Keywords: Aerial Robotics, Embedded Guidance Navigation and Control systems, Applied Nonlinear control, Adaptive Control, Multidimensional Vector Optimization, Trajectory Optimization, Combat Systems Effectiveness, Modeling and Simulation, Numerical Methods.