- Geraldo Ferrer
Chair, Operations and Logistics Management Area
Graduate School of Business and Public Policy
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: gferrer (at) nps.edu
PhD - INSEAD, European Institute of Business Administration, 1997
MSC - INSEAD, European Institute of Business Administration, 1994
MBA - The Tuck School, Dartmouth College, 1992
BS - Instituto Militar de Engenharia, Brazil, 1981
BA - Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, 1980
- 10/2004-Present, Associate Professor of Operations Management
- 1997 - 2004 Assistant Professor, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
1982 - 1990 Founder and Technical Director, Superserv, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Operations Management
Supply Chain Management
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS: (View an extended list)
- Management science
Closed-loop supply chain
Sustainable operations management
Integrated management systems
- 26. Leon, Nathanael E., Todd N. Paulson, and Geraldo Ferrer. 2013. Defense Logistics Agency Disposition Services as a Supply Source: a DoD-wide Opportunity. Defense Acquisition Research Journal. 20:2 pp. 218-241.
25. Ferrer, Geraldo, and Aruna U. Apte. 2012. Managing Lifecycle Information of Aircraft Components. Defense Acquisition Research Journal. 19:2 pp. 161-182. 2nd Place, Research Paper Competition. Defense Acquisition University Alumni Association.
24. Ferrer, Geraldo, Sandro Cortezia, and Jaqueline Morbach Neumann. 2012. Green City - Environmental and social responsibility in an industrial cluster. Journal of Industrial Ecology. 16:1 pp. 142-152.
23. Ferrer, Geraldo, Nicholas Dew, and Susan Heath. 2011. An RFID Application in Large Job Shop Remanufacturing Operations. International Journal of Production Economics. 133 pp. 612-621.
22. Ferrer, Geraldo. 2010. Open architecture, inventory pooling and maintenance modules. International Journal of Production Economics. 128 pp. 393-403. Best Application Paper Award. 2009 International Decision Science Institute.
21. Ferrer, Geraldo and Nicholas Dew. 2010. The stigma of failure in organizations. Journal of Operations and Supply Chain Management. 3:1 pp. 15-33.
20. Ferrer, Geraldo, Uday Apte, and Nicholas Dew. 2010. When is RFID right for your service? International Journal of Production Economics. 124 pp. 414-425.
19. Ferrer, Geraldo, Jayashankar Swaminathan. 2010. Managing new and differentiated remanufactured products. European Journal of Operational Research. 203:2 pp. 370-379.
18. Ferrer, Geraldo. 2009. Sustainability: What does it mean for the operations manager? Journal of Operations and Supply Chain Management. 1:2 pp. 1-16.
17. Paskin, Matthew A., Alice W. Treviño, Geraldo Ferrer, and John T. Dillard. 2008. Employing organizational modeling & simulation of the KC-135 depot's flight controls repair cell. Defense Acquisition Review Journal. 15:1 pp. 26-47. 3rd Place, Research Paper Competition. Defense Acquisition University Alumni Association.
16. Ferrer, Geraldo, Iuri Gavronski and Ely L. Paiva. 2008. ISO 14001 certification in Brazil: Motivations and benefits. Journal of Clean Production. 16:1 pp. 87-94. Honorable Mention. XXVII Encontro da Anpad.
- Keywords: Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Management Science, Remanufacturing, Closed-loop Supply Chain, Sustainable Operations Management, Integrated management Systems