- Deborah E. Gibbons
Graduate School of Business and Public Policy
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: degibbon (at) nps.edu
PhD - Carnegie Mellon University, 1996
Organizational Behavior and Theory, with a Minor in Statistics
MS - Carnegie Mellon University, 1994
Organizational Behavior and Theory
BA - University of Washington, 1992
Psychology; Summa Cum Laude
- 2007 – present, Associate professor
- 2004 – 2007, Assistant professor
- 1997-2004 Georgia State University, Atlanta, Georgia. Assistant professor of Management
- 1994-1997 Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Instructor
- Organizational behavior and theory
- Power and politics
- Organizational learning and design
- Management of groups and teams
- Social relations and networks
- Roles of social relations and networks in organizational learning and power dynamics
- Strategic interorganizational networks
- Diffusion of innovations
- Concurrent effects of personality and social context on individual cognition and behavior
- Assessment, benchmarking, and development of interorganizational networks to support collaboration, diffusion, and community-building in the public sector
- 2001 Fulbright Faculty Exchange, Cairo, Egypt
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS: (View an extended list)
- 2009 International Public Management Journal, Editorial Board Member
- Gibbons, D., & Samaddar, S. “Designing referral network structures and decision rules to streamline provision of urgent health and human services”. Journal of Decision Sciences, 40 (2), 2009, 351-371.
- Gibbons, D. “Strategix Development of Network Structures that Support Learning and Adaptation,” in Predator’s Game-Changing Designs: Research-Based Tools, Volume VII LMX Leadership: The Series, Graen, G. (ed). Pp. 19-42. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing, 2009.
- Gibbons, Deborah. E. “Interorganizational network structures and diffusion of information through a health system”, American Journal of Public Health, 97, 2007, 1684-1692.
- Gibbons, D. “Maximizing the Impact of Disaster Response by Nonprofit Organizations and Volunteers,” in Communicable Crises: Prevention, Management and Resolution in the Volunteers, Gibbons, D. E. pp. 203 – 240. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing, 2007.
- Gibbons, D. “Synthesizing Perspectives on Management of Communicable Crises,” in Communicable Crises: Prevention, Management and Resolution in the Global Arena, Gibbons, D. E. (ed). Pp. 353-374. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing, 2007.
- Keywords: networks analysis, social influences, diffusion of beliefs and innovations, computational models, inter-cultural cooperation