- Gregory A. Miller
Department of Systems Engineering
Graduate School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: gamiller (at) nps.edu
MS - Naval Postgraduate School, 1992
BS - United States Naval Academy, 1987
OTHER EXPERIENCE: (View an extended list)
- June 2004 to Present. Lecturer, Department of Systems Engineering, Naval Postgraduate School
- April 1999 to June 2004. Assistant Program Manager for Ashore Networks in the Naval Integrated Networks program office, PEO (C4I & Space).
- October 1995 to April 1999. Project Manager and Systems Engineer for Electronic Support Measures In-Service Engineering Agent at Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center, San Diego.
- May 1992 to October 1995. Assistant Project Superintendent and Surface Ship Business Operations Officer, Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard.
- June 1987 to October 1989. Quality Assurance Officer, USS Samuel Gompers (AD-37).
- Command & Control theory
- Networked systems
- Information operations
- Defense Acquisition
- Networked Command & Control
- Automated decision aids
- The Wayne E. Myer Award for Excellence in Systems Engineering Teaching, Sep 2009
- The Wayne E. Myer Award for Excellence in Systems Engineering Teaching, Sep 2008
- The Wayne E. Myer Award for Excellence in Systems Engineering Teaching, Sep 2007
- The Wayne E. Myer Award for Excellence in Systems Engineering Teaching, Dec 2006
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS: (View an extended list)
- Member of DoD Acquisition Corps
- Miller, G. and Finn, I., “Quantitative Comparison of Alternative Designs for a Joint Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Intelligence (C4I) Capability Certification Management (JC3M) System,” 10th NDIA Systems Engineering Conference, San Diego, October 2007.
- Kujawski, E. and Miller, G., “Quantitative Risk-Based Needs Analysis for Military Counterterrorism Systems,” Systems Engineering, Wiley Publishing, Volume 10, Number 4, 2007.
- Kujawski, E. and Miller, G., “Quantitative Probabilistic Risk Assessment Matrix,” Asia-Pacific Systems Engineering Conference, March 2007.
- Miller, G., Miller, N. and Shattuck, L., “Red Force Interaction in Situated Cognition,” 12th International Command & Control Research & Technology Symposium, Newport, RI, June 2007.
- Shattuck, L., Miller, G. and Miller, N., “Using the Dynamic Model of Situated Cognition to Assess Network Centric Warfare in Field Settings,” 12th International Command & Control Research & Technology Symposium, Newport, RI, June 2007.