- Hong Zhou
Mail Code: MA/Sd
Department of Applied Mathematics
Graduate School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: hzhou (at) nps.edu
PhD - UC Berkeley, 1996
BS - University of Science and Technology, China, 1990
- 2013-present Professor
2007-2013 Associate Professor
2004-2007 Assistant Professor
- 1996-1999 Postdoctoral Fellow, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- 1999-2004 Visiting Assistant Professor, University of California, Santa Cruz
- Matrix Analysis
- Numerical Methods for ODE's and PDE's
- Numerical Analysis
- Scientific Computation
- Mathematical modeling of nonlinear phenomena
- Structure and flow properties of complex, polymeric, and nano-composite fluids
- University of California Santa Cruz Professional Development Grant, 2004
- University of North Carolina Faculty Research Grant, 1998
- American Woman Mathematician Travel Grant, 1997
- Outstanding Graduate Student Instructor, 1993-1994, UC Berkeley
- On the motion of slender vortex filaments, by H. Zhou (1997), Physics of Fluids, 9: 970--981.
- Unsteady analyses of thermal glass fibre drawing processes, by M.G. Forest and H. Zhou (2001), European Journal of Applied Mathematics,12:479-496.
- Computational study of a weakly compressible mixing barrier in low Prandtl number, strongly stratified fluids, by R.M. McLaughlin, H. Zhou and M.G. Forest (2003), Physics of Fluids, 15:2872-2885.
- Structure scaling properties of confined nematic polymers in plane Couette cells: The weak flow limit, by M.G. Forest, Q. Wang, H. Zhou and R. Zhou (2004), Journal of Rheology, 48:175-192.
- Complete list of Publications
- Keywords: Liquid crystalline polymers, fluid dynamics