- Alexander L. Julian
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Graduate School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: ajulian (at) nps.edu
PhD - University of Wisconsin, Madison, 1997
MS - University of Missouri, Columbia, 1992
BS - University of Missouri, Columbia, 1991
Electrical Engineering (graduated cum laude)
- Power systems
- power electronics
- electromagnetic compatibility
- Digital control of solid state power systems
- Application of digital algorithms to motion control
- Mitigation of EMI caused by power electronics
-  US Patent 5,852,558 “Method and Apparatus for Reducing Common Mode Voltage in Multi-phase Power Converters” Dec. 22, 1998. Inventors: Alexander L. Julian, Thomas A. Lipo and Deepakraj M. Divan, Assignee: Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation, Madison, WI.
-  A.L. Julian, R.S. Wallace, P.K. Sood, "Multi-Speed Control of Single-Phase Induction Motors for Blower Applications" IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, v.10, n.1, 01 Jan 1995, pp. 72-77.
-  F. Nozari, P.A. Mezs, A.L. Julian, C. Sun, T.A. Lipo, "Sensorless Synchronous Motor Drive for Use on Commercial Transport Airplanes", IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol.31, No.4, Jul/Aug 1995 pp.850-859.
-  A.L. Julian, G. Oriti, T.A. Lipo, “Elimination of Common Mode Voltage in Three Phase Sinusoidal Power Converters”, IEEE Trans. on Power Electronics, Vol.14, No5, Sep.99.
-  G. Oriti, A. L. Julian "Application of the Transmission Line Theory to the Frequency Domain Analysis of the Motor Voltage Stress Caused by PWM Inverters", to be presented at IEEE IAS Annual Meeting 2004, Seattle, WA, Oct 2004.