- Elda Pema
Mail Code: GB/Pl
Graduate School of Business and Public Policy
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: epema (at) nps.edu
PhD - Michigan State, 2003
MA - Michigan State University, 2001
BA - American University in Bulgaria, 1998
Applied Economics and Business Administration (magna cum laude)
- 2004 – Present: Assistant Professor
- 2004 – Present: Course Coordinator for the Econometrics sequence
- Referee for Southern Economic Journal, Economics Bulletin, Armed Forces and Society
- Summer 2000, Summer 2001, Summer 2003: Teacher at Michigan State University
- Labor Economics
- Compensation policies in large firms
- Gender differences in pay and promotion
- Evaluation of education programs
- Military labor market
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS: (View an extended list)
- January 2006, January 2004: MSA Curriculum hiring committee
- American Economic Association (AEA)
- Western Economic Association International (WEAI)
- Committee on the Status of Women in the Economics Profession (CSWEP)
- Society of Labor Economists (SOLE)
- Association for Public Policy Analysis and Management (APPAM)
- Mehay, S. & E. Pema. “The Impact of the High School Junior ROTC Program: Does Treatment Timing and Intensity Matter?” Defence and Peace Economics, 2010.
- Pema, E. “The Effect of Age Discrimination Laws on Age-earnings Profiles of Postsecondary Faculty,” Atlantic Economic Journal, Vol. 38 no. 1 pp 65-80, 2010.
- Pema, E. “Trends in the Albanian Labor Market: Who Are Albania’s Unemployed?” Transition Studies Review, 16(4) pp. 860-871, 2010.
- Mehay, S. & E. Pema. “The Effect of High School JROTC on Student Achievement, Educational Attainment, and Enlistment,” Southern Economic Journal, 2009.
- Baser, O. & E. Pema. “Publications over the Academic Life-cycle: Evidence for Academic Economists,” Economics Bulletin, Vol. 1 no. 1 pp. 1-8, 2004.