- Nicholas Dew
Graduate School of Business and Public Policy
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: ndew (at) nps.edu
PhD - The Darden business school at the University of Virginia, 2003
MBA - The Darden business school at the University of Virginia, 1999
- Aug 2003-present on Faculty
- 1989 - 1997 worked in the international oil industry
- Strategic Management courses in the MBA and EMBA; energy technology adoption course MN3810.
- Innovation, energy issues in DoD
Entrepreneurship,,effectuation, see www.effectuation.org
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS: (View an extended list)
- Top 5% NPS faculty for teaching 2009, 2010, 2011
Louis D. Liskin Award for teaching excellence at NPS GSBPP, December 2007
Outstanding Paper Award for European Journal of Innovation Management, 2009
- Haug, K., Read, S., Brinckmann, J., Dew, N, Grichnik, D., 2013. Entrepreneurial talent and venture performance: A meta-analytic investigation. Research Policy, available online.
Read S., Dew, N. and Margery, P., 2013. Innovation by Design: The Hybrid Organization. Kindai Management Review Jan/Feb 2013.
Venkataraman, S., Sarasvathy, S.D., Dew, N., Forster, W., 2012. “Reflections on the 2010 AMR decade award: Whither the promise? Moving forward with entrepreneurship as a science of the artificial.” Academy of Management Review 37(1): 21-33.
Sarasvathy, S.D. and Dew N., 2011. “Without Judgment: An empirically-based entrepreneurial theory of the firm.” Review of Austrian Economics, Dec 2011.
Ferrer, G., Heath, S. & Dew, N., 2011. An RFID application in large job shop remanufacturing operations. International Journal of Production Economics, 133(2):612-621.
- Keywords: DoD Innovation, Energy, Entrepreneurship, Effectuation, Strategic Management