- Frank Kragh
Mail Code: EC/Kh
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Graduate School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: fekragh (at) nps.edu
PhD - Naval Postgraduate School, 1997
MS - University of Central Florida, Orlando, 1990
BS - Caltech, Pasadena, California, 1986
- 2010-Present Associate Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
2010-2014 Associate Chair for Instruction, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
2003-2010 Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
1994-1997 Research Assistant, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
1990-1994 Military Instructor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 2002 - 2003 Chief Engineer's Office, Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command, San Diego, Lead Communications Engineer
- 2001 - 2002 Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command, San Diego - Deputy Chief Engineer for Communications Programs for Research and Development
- 1999 - 2001 Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center, San Diego - Senior Research Engineer, networked radio communications
- 1986 - 1990 Nuclear Power School - Instructor and Director of Electrical Engineering Division
- Digital communications
- Soft Radio
- Error control coding
- Spread spectrum communications
- satellite communications
- software defined radio
- multiple input multiple output systems
- co-channel interference
- source and error control coding
- Alan Berman Research Publication Award, Naval Research Laboratory, 2007
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS: (View an extended list)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- member, Board of Directors, Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers, 2006-present.
- Kao, C.-H.; Robertson, C.; Kragh, F.; and Lin, K., “Performance Analysis and Simulations of 32-ary Cyclic Code-Shift Keying,” International Journal of Communication Systems, date TBD, accepted, but not yet published.
- Gonzalez, C.; Dietrich, C.; Kragh, F.; Sayed, S.; Volos, H.; Gaeddert, J.; Robert, P.; and Reed, J., “Open-Source SCA-Based Core Framework and Rapid Development Tools Enable Software-Defined Radio Education and Research,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 47, no. 10, Oct 2009.
- Kragh, F. and Robertson, C., “A Novel Approach to the Analysis of Diversity Receivers Corrupted by Partial-Band Noise Interference,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 56, no. 8, pp. 1221-1224, August 2008.
- Dietrich, C.; Reed, J.; Edwards, S.; and Kragh, F., "Experiences From the OSSIE Open Source Software Defined Radio Project", Open Source Business Resource, pp.22-26, March 2010.
- Dietrich, C., Kragh, F., et al, "Implementation and Evaluation of Laboratory/Tutorial Exercises for Software Defined Radio Education," American Society for Engineering Education Southeast Section Conference, 2010, Blacksburg, VA, 18-20 April 2010, accepted but not yet published.
- Keywords: MIMO, OFDM, software defined radio, spectral efficiency, fading, FEC coding