- Daniel Sakoda
Faculty Associate - Research
Mail Code: SP/Sd
Space Systems Academic Group
Graduate School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: dsakoda (at) nps.edu
MS - Naval Postgraduate School, 1992
BS - University of Illinois, 1986
- Additive Manufacturing: Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM) '3D Printing'
Space Systems Engineering: Design, Simulation and Testing of Aerospace Structures; Spacecraft Thermal Design, Simulation and Test; Small Satellite Design Studies.
- Spacecraft design tools (Mechanical CAD/CAE, Orbital Mechanics)
- Space vehicle testing
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS: (View an extended list)
- Small satellite technology
- "NPSAT-1 Random Vibration Test Report," D. Sakoda, R. Phelps, J. Horning, NPS Technical Report, NPS-SSAG-17-001, January 2017.
"Report of NPSAT1 Battery Thermal Contact Resistance Testing, Modeling And Simulation," D. Sakoda, R. Phelps, B. Donovan, NPS Technical Report, NPS-SP-002, 2012.
"NPS CubeSat Launcher (NPSCuL) Structural Design and Verification", D. Sakoda, S.D. Driscoll, V. Kaushish, R. Panholzer, J.H. Newman, CNES 4S Symposium, Funchal, Madeira, Portugal, 2010.
"Overview of the Naval Postgraduate School Small Satellite, NPSAT1," CPT. Gary Prater, Dan Sakoda, and LCDR Andrew Grant, Paper 24404, 22nd AIAA International Communications Satellite Systems Conference & Exhibit 2004, Monterey, CA 2004.
- Keywords: Small Satellite, Microsat, Spacecraft, Space Vehicle, Testing, Orbital Mechanics, Space Vehicle Structures, pacecraft, Thermal Control
DOD Key Technologies:
- DOD Key Technologies: