- Daniel Sakoda
Mail Code: SP/Sd
Space Systems Academic Group
Graduate School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: dsakoda (at) nps.edu
MS - Naval Postgraduate School, 1992
BS - University of Illinois, 1986
- 1987-present Spacecraft Testing. Small Satellite Design Studies Program. Systems Engineer, Project Manager, and Lead Mechanical Engineer.
- Spacecraft design tools (Mechanical CAD/CAE, Orbital Mechanics)
- Space vehicle testing
- Small satellite technology
- Special Act or Service Award: Sept. 2002, June 2001, Aug. 2000, Aug. 1999, Sept. 1998, July 1998
- Performance Awards: June 1998, Aug. 1994, May 1993, May 1992, Apr. 1991, July 1990, June 1988
- Time Off Award: May 2002, May 2001, May 2000, May 1999, Apr. 1998, May 1997, Dec. 1995
- Quality Step Increase: Sept. 2001
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS: (View an extended list)
- AIAA Senior Member
- AOC Member
- “Overview of the NPS Spacecraft Architecture and Technology Demonstration Satellite, NPSAT1,” D. Sakoda and J. Horning, Paper SSC02-I-4, 16th Annual AIAA/USU Conference on Small Satellites, Logan, UT, Aug. 2002
- “Naval Postgraduate School PANSAT: Lessons Learned,” D. Sakoda, R. Phelps, J. Horning, D. Rigmaiden, and J. Damerau, AIAA Space 2001 Conference and Exposition, Albuquerque, NM, August 28-30, 2001.
- “Naval Postgraduate School Graduate Education in Space Systems Through Space Flight Experience,” 5th International Symposium, Small Satellite Systems and Services, La Baule, France, June 19–23, 2000.
- “The Petite Amateur Navy Satellite (PANSAT) Hitchhiker Ejectable,” Shuttle Small Payloads Symposium, U.S. Naval Academy, Annapolis, MD. Sept. 13-15, 1999.
- “Overview of the Naval Postgraduate School Petite Amateur Navy Satellite (PANSAT),” Paper SSC99-I-5, Thirteenth Annual AIAA/Utah State University Conference on Small Satellites, Logan, Utah, Aug. 1999
- Keywords: Small Satellite, Microsat, Spacecraft, Space Vehicle, Testing, Orbital Mechanics, Space Vehicle Structures, pacecraft, Thermal Control
DOD Key Technologies:
- DOD Key Technologies: