- Nancy M. Haegel
Department of Physics
Graduate School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: nmhaegel (at) nps.edu
PhD - University of California, Berkeley, 1985
MS - University of California, Berkeley, 1983
BS - Notre Dame, 1981
- 2003 – 2009 Prof of Physics
- 2009 Distinguished Professor
- 1986 - 1987 - Post-doctoral, Siemens Research Laboratory, Erlangen, Germany
- 1987 - 1993 - UCLA Dept. of Materials Science, Asst and Assoc Prof.
- 1993 - 2003 - Fairfield University, Dept. of Physics, Assoc Prof and Prof
- Interactive teaching
- Modern physics, sensor technology, semiconductor materials and devices
- K-12 outreach
- IR detector modeling
- Semiconductor materials and device
- Transport imaging with novel optical techniques
- Polymer emitters for military applications
- Packard Fellowship, NSF PYI Fellowship, Fairfield University Teacher of the Year 1997,
- UCLA Excellence in Teaching 1989, Humboldt Fellowship 2000, APS Prize for Research at an Undergraduate Institution 2004
- Schieffelin Award for Teaching Excellence at NPS 2008
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS: (View an extended list)
- American Physical Society (APS) Committee on the Status of Women in Physics (CSWP)
- Board of Trustees - University of Notre Dame
- N. M. Haegel, T. J. Mills, M. Talmadge, C. Scandrett, C. Frenzen, H.J. Yoon, C. Fetzer and R. King, "Direct Imaging of Anisotropic Minority Carrier Diffusion in Ordered InGaP," J. Appl. Phys. 105, 023711 (2009).
- P. Andrikopoulus, T. D. Boone and N. M. Haegel, "Localized Electric Field Mapping in Planar Semiconductor Structures," IEEE Trans. Electron Devices 55, 1529 (2008).
- S. J. Tschanz, J. C. Garcia and N. M. Haegel, "Modeling of cryogenic capacitance-voltage (C-V) profiling for the determination of minority doping concentration in blocked impurity band (BIB) detector structures," Solid-State Electronics 51, 1062-1066 (2007).
- D. R. Luber, F. M. Bradley, N. M. Haegel, M. C. Talmadge, M. P. Coleman and T. D. Boone, "Imaging Transport for the Determination of Minority Carrier Diffusion Length," Applied Physics Letters 88, 163509 (2006).
- D. R. Luber and N. M. Haegel, "Direct Imaging of Electron Beam Interaction Volume using Optical Imaging," J. Appl. Phys. 99, 083508 (2006).
- Keywords: IR detectors, semiconductor materials and devices, imaging transport