- Donald L. Walters
Mail Code: PH/We
Department of Physics &
Space Systems Academic Group
Graduate School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: walters (at) nps.edu
PhD - Kansas State, 1971
BS - Kansas State, 1966
- 1974 - 1982 - US Army Atmospheric Sciences Laboratory
- Lasers, electro-optics, radar and electromagnetic sensor systems
- Atmospheric Optics, Laser Propagation, Adaptive Optics Atmospheric turbulence measurements and modeling
- Atmospheric Working Group for the USAF Airborne Laser, Scientific
- Consultant for the Transformational Communication Architecture Program.
- Atmospheric Working Group for the USAF Airborne Laser, Member Office of the Deputy Under Secretary of Defense (Science and Technology) Joint Technology Office Committees on High Energy Lasers/Atmospheric Propagation and Beam Control
- C. Y. Chen, M Kelly and D. L. Walters,Wavelet analysis of high resolution temperature data with applications to radio wave scattering, Radio Science, 36 #5, pp 905-926, September 2001.
- D. L. Walters, and L. W. Bradford, Measurements of ro and 0o: two decades and 18 sites, Applied Optics V 36, 9, pp 7876-7886, October 1997.
- D. L. Walters, Measurements of optical turbulence with higher-order structure functions, Applied Optics, V 34, no 9, pp 1591-1597, March 1995