- Daphne Kapolka
Mail Code: PH/Kd
Department of Physics
Graduate School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: dkapolka (at) nps.edu
PhD - Naval Postgraduate School, 1997
MS - Naval Postgraduate School, 1992
MA - University of Chicago, 1976
- 2008 - present Chair, Engineering Acoustics Academic Committee
- 2005 - present Program Manager, ASW Certificate
- 2004-2015 Academic Associate, Undersea Warfare
- 2004-2006 Academic Associate for Combat Systems Science and Technology
- 2000-2003 Program Officer, Combat Systems Science and Technology
- 1997 - 2000 - Assistant Program Manager for Fixed Surveillance Systems, Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command
- 1992 - 1994 - Antisubmarine Warfare Officer, USS DONALD B. BEARY (FFT 1085)
- 1983 - 1986 - Chemistry and Physics Instructor, Naval Academy Preparatory School
- Basic physics courses
- Underwater acoustics
- Non-acoustic ASW
- Acoustic and non-acoustic sensors for underwater threat detection and underwater communication devices.
- 2015, Department of Navy Superior Civilian Service Award
2010, GSEAS Merit Award for Service
1992, Naval Undersea Warfare Center Award for Excellence in Underwater Systems Technology
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS: (View an extended list)
- Member of the Acoustical Society of America
- Member of The American Association of Institute of Physics
- “Experimental and Theoretical Performance of a Hybrid Vector Sensor/Microphone Acoustic Array,” Proceedings of the 10th European Conference on Underwater Acoustics, Istanbul, Turkey, 5-9 July, 2010.
- “Equivalence of the waveguide invariant and two path ray theory methods for range prediction based on Lloyd's mirror patterns,” Proceedings of Meetings on Acoustics, vol. 4 (2008), 155th Meeting Acoustical Society of America, Paris, France, 29 June – 4 July, 2008.
- Cooperative Radar Network: Concept Exploration for Defending the Sea Base, NPS Technical Report, NPS-PH-03-001PR, September 2003.
- Remote Identification of Explosives (RIDEX): Mission Need and Concept Exploration, NPS Technical Report, NPS-PH-01-003PR, August 2001.
- The Use of Non-Parametric Transfer Function Estimates to Predict Submarine Hull Vibrations from Noise Source Measurements, NPS Technical Report, NPS-PH-98-003, June 1998.
- Keywords: acoustics, sonar systems, and ASW