- Christopher Miller
Mail Code: OC/Mr
Department of Oceanography
Graduate School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Monterey, CA 93943
Phone: 831 656-2160
Email: cwmiller (at) nps.edu
MS - Naval Postgraduate School, 1998
BS - California Polytechnic State University, 1991
- Electronics Engineer, Naval Postgraduate School, 1992-1996
- Research Assistant, Naval Postgraduate School, 1996-2000
- Research Associate, Naval Postgraduate School, 2000-present
- Ocean Acoustic Observatory Manager, 1994-present
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS: (View an extended list)
- Marine Mammal Bioacoustics
- Ocean Acoustic Tomography
- Underwater Acoustics
- Chiu, C.-S., C.A. Collins, C.A. Hager, C.W. Miller, T.C. Moore, M.R. Rocheleau, K. Lashkari and S. Hayes, “A feasibility study of monitoring blue whales using the Pt Sur Ocean Acoustic Observatory,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am., 102(5.2), 3213, 1997.
- Chiu, C.-S., C.W. Miller, T.C. Moore, and C.A. Collins, "Auto-detection and censusing of blue whale vocalizations along the central California Coast using a bottom-lying hydrophone array," Proceedings of the Oceanology International '99 Pacific Rim Conference, pp. 435-440, 1999.
- Miller, C.W., C.-S. Chiu, W. Denner, “Dual-Use Conversion: NAVFAC Point Sur to NPS Ocean Acoustic Observatory,” Proceedings of the Informal Workshop on Hydroacoustic Technology for the CTBT, 1999.
- Delory, E., J. Potter, C. Miller, and C.-S. Chiu, “Detection and classification of blue whale ‘A’ and ‘B’ calls in the NE Pacific using a multi-scale discriminant operator,” Proceedings of the 13th Biennial Conference on the Biology of Marine Mammals, 1999.
- Han, S.-K., C. Collins, C. Miller, C.-S. Chiu, P. Worcester, "Mapping the regional variability of the California Current acoustically using a waveform inversion method.", J. Acoustic Soc. Am., 107(5), 2862(A), 2000.