- Robert E. Looney
Mail Code: NS/Lx
Department of National Security Affairs
School of International Graduate Studies
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: relooney (at) nps.edu
PhD - Univ of California, Davis, 1969
BA - University of California, Davis, 1963
- Professor, National Security Affairs
- 1978 - 1969 - Development Economist, Stanford Research Institute
- Consultant, World Bank and International Monetary Fund, Interamerican
- Lecturer, University of California, Davis
- Assistant Professor University of Santa Clara
- Comparative Economic Systems
- Economic Intelligence
- Defense Economics
- International Economics
- Economic Intelligence and Government Expenditures
- Economic Causes and Consequences of Defense Expenditures
- Economic Origins of the Iranian Revolution with a Foreword by Jahangir Amuzegar (New York: Pergamon Press, 1982).
- Economic Policy Making in Mexico with a Foreword by Abel Beltran del Rio (Durham, North Carolina: Duke University Press, 1985).
- The Political Economy of Latin American Defense Expenditures with a Foreword by Martin Needler (Lexington, Mass: Lexington Books, 1986).
- Third World Military Expenditures and Arms Productions with a Foreword by Robert West (London: Macmillan, 1988).
- Economic Development in Saudi Arabia: Consequences of the Oil Price Decline with a Foreword by Raymond Mikesell (Greenwich, Conn: JAI Press, 1990).
- The Economics of Third World Defense Expenditures with a Foreword by Charles Wolf (Greenwich Conn: JAI Press, 1995).
- The Pakestani Economy (Westport, CT, Praeger Publishers, 1997).
- (Additional Publication)
- Keywords: Economic Intelligence, Defense Economics, Economic Development, Middle East, Latin America, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Panama and Jamaica