- Qing Wang
Mail Code: MR/Qg
Department of Meteorology
Graduate School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: qwang (at) nps.edu
PhD - Pennsylvania State University, 1993
MS - Peking University, 1988
BS - Peking University, 1985
- 2008-Present: Professor, Department of Meteorology
- 2001-2008: Associate Professor, Department of Meteorology
- 1995-2001: Assistant Professor, Department of Meteorology
- 1993 - 1995 - Postdoctorate Research Fellow, National Center for Atmospheric Research
- 1988 - 1993 - Research Assistant, Meteorology, The Pennsylvania State University
- 1985 - 1988 - Research Assistant, Atmospheric Physics, Peking University
- Boundary Layer Meteorology and Air-Sea Interaction
- Atmospheric Data Analysis (Probability and Statistics, Time Series Analysis)
- Atmospheric Radiation
- Boundary Layer Processes
- Air-Sea Interaction
- Boundary Layer Parameterizations
- Carl E. & Jesse Menneken Faculty Award for Excellence in Scientific Research, Naval Postgraduate School, 2004
- Outstanding Faculty Research Recognition, Naval Postgraduate School, 1998
- Outstanding Faculty Teaching Recognition, Naval Postgraduate School, 1997
- Boundary Layer and Turbulence Committee, American Meteorological Society, 2001-2003
- Wang Q., and S. Wang, 2004: Turbulent and Thermodynamic Structure of the Autumnal Arctic Boundary Layer Due to Embedded Clouds. Bound-Layer Meteorol. 113, 225-247.
- Khelif, D., C. A. Friehe, H. Jonsson, Q. Wang, and K. Rados, 2004: Wintertime Boundary-layer structure and air-sea interaction over the Japan/East Sea. Accepted by Deep Sea Research.
- Kalogiros, J. A., and Q. Wang, 2002a: Calibration of a radome-differential GPS System on a Twin Otter research Aircraft for turbulence measurements. J. Atmos. Ocean Tech., 19, 159-171.
- Kalogiros, J. A., and Q. Wang, 2002b: Aerodynamic effects on wind turbulence measurements with research aircraft. J. Atmos. Ocean Tech., 19, 1567-1576.
- Wang, S., Q. Wang, and G. Feingold, 2002: Turbulence, condensation, and liquid water transport in numerically simulated nonprecipitating stratocumulus clouds. J. Atmos. Sci.. 60, 262-278.
- Complete List of Publications
- Keywords: Boundary Layer Processes, Air-Sea Interaction, Boundary Layer Parameterizations