- John S. Osmundson
Research Associate Professor
Mail Code: IS/Os
Department of Information Science
Graduate School of Operational and Information Sciences
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: josmundson (at) nps.edu
PhD - University of Maryland, 1968
BS - Stanford University, 1962
- Research Associate Professor, Information Sciences and Systems Engingeering
- 1995 - present - Associate Professor, C3I AG, NPS
- 1972 - 1995 - Lockheed Missile and Space (LMSC) Co., Sunnyvale, CA, Manager, Advanced Systems Studies, LMSC Research Labs, Palo Alto, Chief Systems Engineer
- Manager, Systems Engineering
- 1970 - 1972 - National Research Council Postdoctoral Fellow, Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD, Research in space-based laser communications systems
- 1968 - 1968 - Research Associate, Dept of Physics, Univ of Maryland, Research in quantum electronics and solid state physics
- Combat Systems Engineering
- Software Engineering for C3I Systems
- Software Project Management
- Project Management
- Modeling and Simulation
- Systems Engineering of Networked, Distributed Information Systems such as C3I systems
- Modeling and Simulation, particularly of information systems
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS: (View an extended list)
- NRC Postdoctoral Fellow
- Northrup Grumman Award for Excellence in Systems Engineering and Analysis. December, 2003.
- Wayne E. Meyer Award for Excellence in Systems Engineering, December, 2003.
- Northrup Grumman Award for Excellence in Systems Engineering and Analysis. December, 2002.
- John S. Osmundson, James B. Michael, Mary Alice Grossman and Martin J. Machniak, Analysis of Quality Management Metrics, accepted for publication in Information and Management, 2004.
- John S. Osmundson and Thomas V. Huynh, Scalability of Wireless ad hoc Networks by Simulation, accepted for presentation and publication at the Conference on Systems Engineering Research, 15-16 April 2004, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA.
- T. V. Huynh and J. S. Osmundson, Model Sufficiency in Simulation-based Acquisition, accepted for presentation and publication at the Conference on Systems Engineering Research, 15-16 April 2004, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA.
- John S. Osmundson, James B. Michael, Martin J. Machniak and Mary Alice Grossman, Quality Management Metrics for Software Development, Information and Management, Vol. 40, No. 8, Sept., 2003, pp. 799-812.
- LCDR Russell Gottfried, John Osmundson, et al, Employing Simulation in a Systems Analysis Approach to the Future of Expeditionary Warfare, MORS Conference, Littoral Warfare Working Group 13, June, 2003.
- Keywords: Networks, C4I, Systems Engineering, Modeling and Simulation