- Nelson J. Irvine
Research Assistant Professor
Mail Code: IS
Department of Information Science
Graduate School of Operational and Information Sciences
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: njirvine (at) nps.edu
PhD - Case Western Reserve University, 1973
MS - University of Western Ontario, 1967
BS - Carleton University, 1964
- Adjunct Professor of Oceanography. 1984, 1985, 1987.
- IJWA, Meyer Institute and IS. 1998 to present.
- Principal activities include: combat modeling with NSS, collection and analysis of data from Fleet Battle Experiments and process modeling with Extend.
- Research Associate, Dept. of Astronomy, University of Michigan. 1973-1974.
- Contractor supporting the U.S. Army Test and Experimentation Command (TEC) at Fort Hunter Liggett. 1975-1997
- Participated in the planning, execution and analysis of field experiments. For the last five years, I was leader of a group that designed and developed algorithms for the simulation of weapons in force-on-force field experiments.
- U.S. Army Test and Experimentation Command Tester of the Year, 1993.
- Computer Sciences Corporation, TEC Scientific Support laboratory Employee of the Year, 1994
- IJWA Research Award 1999.
- IJWA Research Award 2000.
- The Recent Shell Event of Zeta Ophiuchi Astrophysical Journal Letters, 1974, Vol. 188, p. L19.
- A New Optical Supernova Remnant in Centaurus Astrophysical Journal Letters, 1974, Vol. 192, p. L111 (with C. Irvine).
- HD 93521: A High Latitude Shell Star Astrophysical Journal Letters, 1989, Vol. 337, p. L33.
- New Bright Hydrogen-Emission Stars III Publications of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific, 1990, Vol. 102, p. 669.
- Fleet Battle Experiment India Final Report. October 2001. coauthor