- Donald E. Summers
Graduate School of Business and Public Policy
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: desummer (at) nps.edu
MS - Naval Postgraduate School, 1985
BS - University of Southern Colorado, 1973
- 2008-present: Senior Lecturer of Financial Management
- 2000-2008: Lecturer of Financial Management
- 1991 - 2010 Adjunct Professor of Accounting, Golden Gate University and Monterey Institute of International Studies
1999 - 2000 Program Manager for International Defense Acquisition Resource Management, Institute for Defense Education and Analysis (IDEA), NPS
1998 - 1999 Program Manager, Distance Learning Programs, IDEA, NPS
1996 - 1998 Program Manager, International Defense Health Resources Management Program, IDEA, NPS
1995 - 1996 Executive Assistance to the Chairman/CEO, Morrison Knudsen Corporation, Office of the Chairman, Carmel, CA
1993 - 1995 Senior Financial Manager/Analyst, Household Credit Services, Salinas, CA
1973 - 1993 U.S. Marine Corps, LtCol, retired
- Cost Management
Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Cost Management
DoD Planning, Programming and Budgeting
DoD Resource Management
- 2007 Certified Financial Manager
1993 Certified Management Accountant
- Institute of Management Accountants
American Society of Military Comptrollers
- Shank, J., San Miguel J., & D. Summers. "Leasing as a Strategic Financing Option: The Navy's Maritime Propositioned Ships Experience," Journal of Public Procurement, 8(2), pp. 149-173, 2008.
Summers, D., & San Miguel, J.G. "Budget Scoring: An Impediment to Alternative Financing". NPS-FM-07_101 Monterey, California: Naval Postgraduate School, September 2007.
Summers, D., & San Miguel J. G. "Public-private Partnerships for Government Financial, Controlling Risk, and Value-for money: The UK Experience". NPS-FM-06-036, Monterey, California: Naval Postgraduate School, August 2006.
Summers, D., & San Miguel, J.G. "Using Public-Private Partnerships and Energy Savings Contracts to Fun DoD Mobile Assets". NPS-FM-06-034, Monterey, California: Naval Postgraduate School, August 2006.
Summers, D., San Miguel, J.G., & Shank, J.K. "Navy Acquisition vis Leasing: Policy, Politics, and Polemics with the Maritime Prepositioned Ships". NPS-AM-05-006, Monterey, California: Naval Postgraduate School, April 2005.
- Keywords: Cost Management, DoD Planning, Resource Management, Financial Reporting and Analysis