- Keith F. Snider
Professor of Public Administration and Management
Graduate School of Business and Public Policy
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: ksnider (at) nps.edu
PhD - Virginia Tech, 1997
Public Administration and Public Affairs
MS - Naval Postgraduate School, 1982
BS - U.S. Military Academy, 1976
- 1996 - 2002 Assistant Professor, Department of Systems Management
2002 - 2013 Associate Professor, Graduate School of Business and Public Policy
- Defense Acquisition
- Defense Acquisition Policy
- Richard W. Hamming Annual Faculty Award for Achievement in Interdisciplinary Activities, 2009
Khi V. Thai Research Scholar of the Year. Awarded by the Public Procurement Research Center and the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, 2008
Systems Management Department Outstanding Research Award, 2000
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS: (View an extended list)
- Editorial Boards: Journal of Public Procurement; Acquisition Review Quarterly; Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management
American Society for Public Administration
- Snider, K., Kidalov, M., & Rendon, R. (2013). Diversity governance by convenience? Federal contracting for minority-owned small businesses. Public Administration Quarterly, 37 (3), 393-432.
Snider, K., Halpern, B., Rendon, R., & Kidalov, M. (2013). Corporate social responsibility and public procurement: how doing business with government affects managerial orientations. Journal of Purchasing & Supply Management, 19, 63-72.
Snider, K. & Rendon, R. (2012). Public procurement: public administration and public service perspectives. Journal of Public Affairs Education, 18 (2), 327-348.
Kidalov, M. & Snider, K. (2011). A comparison of US and European public procurement policies for small and medium enterprises (SME). Business and Politics, 13 (4), 1-41.
Halpern, B. & Snider, K. (2011). Products that kill and corporate social responsibility: the case of U.S. defense firms. Armed Forces & Society, 38 (4), 604-624.
- Keywords: Acquisition Policy, Defense Acquisition, Public Procurement