- Keith F. Snider
Professor of Public Administration and Management
Mail Code: GB/Sk
Graduate School of Business and Public Policy
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: ksnider (at) nps.edu
PhD - Virginia Tech, 1997
Public Administration and Public Affairs
MS - Naval Postgraduate School, 1982
BS - U.S. Military Academy, 1976
- 1996 - 2002 Assistant Professor, Department of Systems Management
- Defense Acquisition
- Acquisition Policy
Public Procurement Profession
- Richard W. Hamming Annual Faculty Award for Achievement in Interdisciplinary Activities, 2009
Khi V. Thai Research Scholar of the Year. Awarded by the Public Procurement Research Center and the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, 2008
Systems Management Department Outstanding Research Award, 2000
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS: (View an extended list)
- Editorial Board: Journal of Public Procurement; Acquisition Review Quarterly
American Society for Public Administration
- Snider, K.F. & Rendon, R.G. (2012). Public procurement: public administration and public service perspectives. Journal of Public Affairs Education, 18 (2), forthcoming (accepted May 5, 2011).
Kidalov, M.V & Snider, K.F. (2011). A comparison of US and European public procurement policies for small and medium enterprises (SME). Business and Politics, 13 (4), DOI: 10.2202/1469-3569.1367 Available at: http://www.bepress.com/bap/vol13/iss4/art2.
Halpern, B. H. & Snider, K.F. (2011). Products that kill and corporate social responsibility: the case of U.S. defense firms. Armed Forces & Society. August 2, http://afs.sagepub.com/content/early/2011/07/30/0095327X11415490.
Rendon, R.G. & Snider, K.F. (2010). Supply management in American public administration: towards an academic discipline. Journal of Purchasing & Supply Management, 16 (2), 99-108.
Snider, K. F. & Rendon, R.G. (2008). Public procurement policy: implications for theory and practice. Journal of Public Procurement, 8 (3), 310-333.
- Keywords: Acquisition Policy, Defense Acquisition, Project Management, Acquisition Education