- Nancy C. Roberts
Mail Code: DA/Rc
Department of Defense Analysis
Graduate School of Operational and Information Sciences
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: nroberts (at) nps.edu
PhD - Stanford University, 1983
MA - University of Illinois, 1968
BA - University of Illinois, 1967
- 1986 to present: Current title Professor of Strategic Management and Professor of National Security Affairs. Responsibilities include research, service, and teaching Strategic Planning and Management, Planning and Organizing in Complex Networks, Wicked Problems, Organization Theory, Organization Change. Associciate of MOVES Institute.
- 1986 - Present - Institute for Whole Social Science, Carmel CA.
- Co-Director. Research design, instrument development, and statistical analysis: for professional and occupational assessment, for organizational renewal and strategic change, for social policy, for interdisciplinary applications of social and psychological science.
- 1987 - 1987 - Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Visiting Associate Professor. Responsibilities included teaching Organization Behavior to MBAs in core curriculum and sponsoring directed reading and case studies.
- 1982 - 1985 - University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management, Minneapolis.
- Assistant Professor of Organization Behavior. Responsibilities included research, service, andteaching Management, Organization Behavior, Power and Politics, and Theory Construction courses for the undergraduate, MBA, Managers' MBA, and Pd.D. programs.
- 1982 - 1982 - Santa Clara University, Graduate School of Business
- (More Experience)
- Peacebuilding and Peacekeeping, Interorganizational Collaboration, Public Management
- Strategic Management
- Theory Construction
- Organization Behavior
- Organization Theory
- Power and Politics
- Organization Change and Development
- Developmental Psychology
- Survey Analysis
- Field Methods
- In-depth Interviewing
- Participant Observation
- Policy Formulation, Network Analysis
AWARDS: (View an extended list)
- Wicked Problems
- Multi-Party Collaborations
- Strategic Management and Strategic Planning
- Policy Formulation
- Public Entrepreneurship
- Power and Politics
- Public Sector Innovation
- Transformational Leadership and Charisma
- Ego Development
- Who’s Who 1997 National Registry, Life Member in 2000.
- Who’s Who of American Women 2000, International Who’s Who of Professional and Business Women 2000, 2001
- Freider Naschold Award for Best Paper, International Public Management
- Network Conference 2000, Sidney, Australia.
- Charles Levine Best Paper Award, Public Sector Division, Academy of Management, ’89
- Instructional Recognition Award, NPS, Department.of Systems Management, 1995.
- Fellow, Inter-University Seminar on Armed Forces and Society, 1991-present.
- Full membership, Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Society, 1986-present.
- Gordon L. Starr Award, Outstanding Service to Students, University of Minnesota, 1983
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS: (View an extended list)
- The American Review of Public Administration
- Public Management Review
- International Public Management Journal
- International Public Management Review