- Mark E. Nissen
Professor, C2 Chair and Director of Center for Edge Power
Mail Code: 06/IS
Department of Information Science
Graduate School of Operational and Information Sciences &
Graduate School of Business and Public Policy
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: MNissen (at) nps.edu
PhD - Univ of Southern California, 1996
MS - Univ of Southern California, 1988
BS - Univ of California, Berkeley, 1980
- 2001 2004 Young Investigator, Office of Naval Research
- 1998 2001 Program Manager, DAU Acquisition Research Program
- 1996 1998 Coordinator, NPS acquisition research
- 2002 - 2003 Visiting Associate Professor, Stanford University
- 2001 - 2001 Inaugural NPS Representative to Command Third Fleet
- 1996 - 1998 Defense Acquisition University, Research Coordinating Committee
- 1995 - 1996 UC Berkeley, Center for Information Technology and Management Research Fellow
- 1991 - 1995 University of Southern California, ATRIUM Lab Research Associate
- Knowledge Management & Superiority
- Innovation & Transformation
- Computational Organization Modeling
- Asynchronous Distributed Learning
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Knowledge Dynamics & Management
- Command & Control
- Innovation & Transformation
- Computational Experimentation
- Training & Simulation
- 2001 Young Investigator Grant Award, Office of Naval Research
- 2000 NPS Menneken Award for Excellence in Scientific Research
- 1998 Outstanding Research Achievement, Department of Systems Management
- 1996 ICIS Doctoral Dissertation Competition Runner-up.
- 1994 DSI Best Interdisciplinary Paper Competition Winner.
- 1980 White Award for Scholastic Excellence, UC Berkeley
- Regional Editor for the Americas, Knowledge Management Research and Practice (2002 - present).
- Editorial Board, International Journal of Knowledge Management (2004 - present).
- Editorial Board, Information Resources Management Journal (2001 - present).
- Editorial Board, International Journal of Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance and Management (2000 - 2003).
- Editorial Board, Acquisition Review Quarterly (2000 - 2002).
- Guest Editor, Acquisition Review Quarterly 5:2, Special Issue on Managing Radical Change (1998), with K. Snider and D. Lamm.
- Contributing Editor, Journal of Internet Purchasing leading-edge online publication (1997 - 1998).
- Harnessing Knowledge Dynamics: Principled Organizational Knowing & Learning Hershey, PA: IRM Press (2006).
- "Incorporating Software Agents into Supply Chains: Experimental Investigation with a Procurement Task, MIS Quarterly 30:1 (2006).
- "Dynamic Knowledge Patterns to Inform Design: A Field Study of Knowledge Stocks and Flows in an Extreme Organization," Journal of Management Information Systems 22:3 (2006).
- Contextual Criticality of Knowledge-Flow Dynamics: Understanding a U.S. Tragedy of Friendly Fire, Defense & Security Analysis 20:3 (2004).
- "Agent-Based Modeling of Knowledge Dynamics," Knowledge Management Research & Practice 2:3 (2004).
- Complete Publications
- Keywords: Acquisition, Agents, Artificial Intelligence, Decision Support, Innovation, Knowledge Management, Reengineering, Software
- DOD Key Technologies:
- 8 - Computing and Software
- 14 - Manpower, Personnel and Training
- 19 - Modeling and Simulation