- David R. Henderson
Mail Code: GB/Ht
Graduate School of Business and Public Policy
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: drhender (at) nps.edu
PhD - UCLA, 1976
BS - Univ of Winnipeg, 1970
- 1984 – Present, Associate Professor
- Senior Economist, President's Council of Economic Advisers, Washington, D.C., 1982-1984
- Visiting Assistant Professor of Economics, Santa Clara University, 1980-1981
- Senior Policy Analyst, Cato Institute, 1979-1980
- Assistant Professor of Economics, University of Rochester, Graduate School of Management, 1975-1979.
- Cost/Benefit Analysis
- Health economics
- Energy economics
- Economics of taxation
- Rear Admiral John Jay Schieffelin Award for Excellence in Instruction at the Naval Postgraduate School, 1997
- Louis D. Liskin Award for Excellence in Teaching, June 2003, June 2004, and June 2007, Graduate School of Business and Public Policy
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS: (View an extended list)
- Co-chair, Libertarians for Peace
- Board of Academic Advisors, Frontier Centre, Winnipeg, Canada
- Academic Advisory Council, Globalisation Institute, Brussels
- Henderson, D. “From ‘Porous’ to ‘Ruthless’ Conscription”. Independent Review, 2010.
- Henderson, D. “Are We Ailing from Too Much Deregulation?”. Cato Policy Report, 30 (6), 2008.
- Henderson, D. “Bernanke’s Hype”. Forbes.com, 2008.
- Hummel, J., & Henderson, D. “Blame Federal Government, Not the Fed, for Subprime Mortgage Problems”. Investors Business Daily, 2008.
- Henderson, D. “‘Demand,’ ‘German Economic Miracle,’ Opportunity Cost,’ ‘Present Value,’ ‘Rent Seeking,’”.
- Keywords: Microeconomics, Cost/Benefit Analysis, Health Economics, Energy Economics, Economics of Taxation