- Raymond E. Franck
Mail Code: GB/Fr
Graduate School of Business and Public Policy &
Department of Systems Engineering
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: refranck (at) nps.edu
PhD - Harvard University, 1983
MS - Harvard University, 1969
BS - USAF Academy, CO, 1967
- July 2002 to September 2004: Interim Chair, Department of Systems Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.
- December 2007 - present: Associate Dean for Academic Operations, GSBPP
- October 2000 – present: Senior Lecturer
- 1995 – 1996: Associate Dean, Joint Military Intelligence College
- 1989 – 2000: Permanent Professor and Head, Department of Economics and Geography, USAF Academy
- 1976 – 1980: Assistant Professor of Economics, Geography and Management, USAF, Department of Economics
- 1967 - 2000: US Air Force, BGen USAF, Ret
- Economics of Defense
- National Security Strategy
- Military Innovation
- Defense Industrial Affairs
- DoN Meritorious Civilian Service
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS: (View an extended list)
- 2008 – 2010: Faculty Instruction Committee
- Franck, R. “An Economic View of Security and Reconstruction,” in The Three Circles of War, 2009.
- Franck, R., & Melese, F. “Defense Acquisition: New Insights from Transaction Cost Economics,” Defense & Security Analysis, Vol 24, no 2, June 2008, pp. 107-128.
- Franck, R., Angelis, D., Dillard, J., & Melese, F. “Applying Insights from Transaction Cost Economics to Improve Cost Estimates for Public Sector Purchases: The Case of U.S. Military Acquisitions,” International Public Management Journal, Vol. 10, no. 4, December 2007.
- Franck, R., & Pierce, T.“Disruptive Military Innovation and the War on Terror,” Defense & Security Analysis, Vol 22, no 2, June 2006, pp. 123-140.
- Franck, R., & Melese, F. “Exploring the Structure of Terrorists’ WMD Decisions: A Game Theory Approach”, Defense & Security Analysis, Vol 20, no. 4, December 2004, 355-372.
- Keywords: Defense Economics, National Security Strategy, Military Innovation, Defense Industrial Affairs