- Kenneth J. Euske
Graduate School of Business and Public Policy
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: kjeuske (at) nps.edu
PhD - Arizona State University, 1978
MBA - Tuck School, Dartmouth College, 1969
AB - Gonzaga University, 1967
- 1987 - Present: Professor, Graduate School of Business and Public Policy
Apr 2001 - Feb 2002: Dean Graduate School of Business and Public Policy
- Jan 1996 - May 1996: Visiting Professor of Accounting, School of Accounting, Univ of Southern California
Sep 1989 - May 1990: Visiting Associate Professor of Accounting, Darden Graduate School of Business Administration, University of Virginia
1983 - 1984: Visiting Assistant Professor of Accounting, University of California, Berkeley.
- Management Control Systems
Strategic Cost Management
- Theoretical and practical issues of resource acquisition, control, and use in service organizations in the public, non-profit, and profit sectors. This focus has lead to two major research thrusts:
- investigating measurement issues in accounting and control systems.
- analyzing the design, implementation, and operation of management control systems, such as ABCM.
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS: (View an extended list)
- Jun 2007 - Present. Member of the editorial board of Revue Sciences de Gestion.
Jan 2007 - Present. Member of the editorial board of Management Accounting Research.
Dec 1993 - Present, Member of the editorial board of Advances in Management Accounting
Jan 1998 - Jun 2001, Member of the editorial board of the Journal of International Accounting
Aug 1993 - Jan 2003, Member of the editorial board of Behavioral Research in Accounting
Jan 1991 - Jan 1995, Member of the editorial board of the Journal of Management Accounting Research
Nov 1989 - May 1995, Member of the editorial board of Accounting, Management and Information Technologies
Aug 1986 - Dec 1990, Founding editor of Behavioral Research in Accounting. Journal of the Accounting, Behavior, and Organization Section of the American Accounting Association
- Euske, K. J., Hesford, J., Malina, M. A. (2011). "A Social Network Analysis of the Literature on Management Control." Journal of Management Accounting Research, 23, 259-283.
Euske, K., Cokins, G., Millush, G., Nostrom, P., & Vercio, A. (2008). "Let's Certify the Quality of a Manager's Information." Strategic Finance, December 2008, 39-45.
Euske, K., & Poston, K. "The Motive for Indirect Cost Control in Higher Education." Sciences de Gestion, n (65), 2008, 73-78.
Euske, K., & Lebas, M. "Conceptual and Operational Delineation of Performance," in Performance Measurement: Theory and Practice, Neely, A. (ed). University of Cambridge Press, 2007.
Euske, K., & Vercio, A. "Enhancing the ABC Cross". Management Accounting Quarterly, Summer 2007, 48-61.
Euske, K., & Chenhall, R. "The Role of Management Control Systems in Planned Organizational Change: An Analysis of Two Organizations." Accounting, Organizations and Society, 32 (7-8), 2007, 601-637.
- Keywords: Accounting, Resource Acquisition, Resource Management, Performance Measurement, Performance Management Service Process Management, Management Control Systems, activity-based costing