- Kenneth H. Doerr
Mail Code: GB/Nd
Graduate School of Business and Public Policy
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: khdoerr (at) nps.edu
PhD - University of Washington, Seattle, 1994
BS - Indiana University, Bloomington, 1984
Quantitative Business Analysis
- 6/2010 Present: Area Chair, Logistics Management
- 6/2001 - Present: Associate Professor of Operations Management
- 1997 - 2001: Assistant Professor, University of Miami
- 1996 - 1997: Senior Optimization Engineer, Peoplesoft
- 1996 - 1996: Adjunct Assistant Professor, Santa Clara University
- 1995 1996: Assistant Professor, Chapman University
- 1995 - 1995: Research Associate, University of Cincinnati
- 1989 1993: Research and Teaching Assistant, University of Washington
- 1984 1989: Systems Analyst, Shell Oil
- 1982 1983: Management Science Analyst, Monsanto Company, (Co-Op)
- Operations Management
- Technology and Computer-Based Decision Support for Operations
- Management Science
- Work Design for Operations
- Cost Benefit Analysis of Technology
- Performance Based Logistics and Logistics Outsourcing
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS: (View an extended list)
- 2008 2009: NPS Executive Committee of the Faculty Council
- 2006 - 2007: NPS Faculty Council
- 1999 - Present: Editorial Board, Production and Operations Management Journal
- Kang, K., Doerr, K., Apte, U. and Boudreau, M. "Decision Support Models for Valuing Improvements in Component Reliability and Maintenance" Military Operations Research (In Press).
- Doerr, Gates & Mutty (2006), A hybrid approach to the valuation of RFID/MEMS technology applied to ordnance inventory. International Journal of Production Economics, V. 103, No. 2, pp. 726-741.
- Doerr, Freed, Mitchell, Schriesheim & Zhou (2004), Within and Between Worker Variability on Flow Lines. Journal of Applied Psychology. V. 89, No. 5, pp. 911921.
- Doerr & Arreola-Risa (2000), "A Worker-Based Approach for Modeling Variability in Task Completion Times," IIE Transactions, V. 32, no. 7, pp. 625-636.
- Doerr, Klastorin & Magazine (2000), "Synchronous Unpaced Flow Lines with Worker. Differences and Overtime Cost," Management Science, V. 46, no. 3, pp. 421-435.
- Keywords: Work Design, Cost-Benefit Analysis, Simulation, Work Flow Management, Integrated Risk Management, Performance Based Logistics, Outsourcing, Operations Management