- John T. Dillard
Mail Code: GB/Dj
Graduate School of Business and Public Policy &
Department of Systems Engineering
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: jtdillar (at) nps.edu
MS - University of Southern California LA, 1985
BA - University of Tennessee Chattanooga, 1974
- 11/2000 to present as member of the Acquisition Faculty of GSBPP
- 07/1994 to 07/1996 as Senior Army Faculty Member
- 1996 - 1997 - U.S. Army War College (Resident), Carlisle, PA
- 1988 - 1988 - Program Manager Course, Defense Systems Management College (Resident), Ft Belvoir, VA
- 1988 - 1989 - U.S. Army Command and General Staff College (Resident), Fort Leavenworth, KS
- Defense Systems Acquisition Management
- Project Management
- Test and Evaluation
- Strategic Leadership
- Acquisition Policy
- Computational Organizational Modeling
- Project Management
- DAU Level 3 Certified in Program Management, Contract Management, Test and Evaluation.
- Numerous Military awards for meritorious service.
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS: (View an extended list)
- GSBPP Strategy Committee Member, 2009 - 2010
- NPS Foundation, 2008 - present
- DAU Equivalency Coordinator, 2008 - 2009
- Faculty Research Committee Member, 2008 - 2009
- Provost’s Systems Engineering Enterprise Design Committee, 2006 - 2007
- Faculty Advisory Board: Alternate Member, 2005 - 2006
- Program Manager Advanced Acquisition Program, 2004 - 2005
- Past Chairman, NPS Faculty Retirement and Special Functions Committee
- Project Management Institute
- Dillard, J., & Ford, D. “From Amorphous to Defined: Balancing the Risks of Spiral development.” Accounting Review (52), 2009.
- Ford, D., & Dillard, J. “Modeling the Integration of Open Systems and Evolutionary Acquisition in DoD Programs”. Acquisition Review Quarterly (51), 2009.
- Melese, F., Franck, R., Angelis, D., & Dillard, J. “Applying insights from Transaction Cost Economics (TCE) to improve cost estimates for Public Sector Purchases: The Case of U.S. Military Acquisition”. International Public Management Review, 10 (1), 2007.
- Hagan, J., Slack, W., Dillard, J., & Zolin, R. “Beyond Lean Six Sigma”. Defense Acquisition Review, 14 (3), 2007.
- Dillard, J., & Nissen, M. “Computational Modeling of Project Organizations Under Stress”. Project Management Journal, 38 (1), 2005, 5-20.
- Keywords: Acquisition, DoD 5000 series, centralization, control in organizations, decision making, models, framework