- Lawrence J. Ziomek
Mail Code: EC/Zm
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Graduate School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Monterey, CA 93943
Phone: 831 656-3206
Email: ziomek (at) nps.edu
PhD - The Pennsylvania State Univ, 1981
MS - Univ of Rhode Island, 1974
BE - Villanova Univ, 1971
- 1982-Present: Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Teaching and Research
- Sep 1976 - Apr 1982 - Research Assistant, Department of Ocean Technology, Applied Research Laboratory, The Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA
- Nov 1973 - May 1976 - Member of the Technical Staff, TRW Systems Group, Redondo Beach, CA
- Ocean Acoustics
- Sonar Systems Engineering
- Underwater acoustics
- Acoustic wave propagation and scattering in random media
- Application of linear, time-variant, space-variant, system theory to the modeling of acoustic pulse propagation in an inhomogeneous ocean medium
- Space-time signal processing
- Certificate of Recognition for Outstanding Instructional Performance, Naval Postgraduate School, 1993
- Professional Achievement Award, Villanova University, College of Engineering, 1988
- Kenneth T. Simowitz Memorial Award for Outstanding Effort in Publishing Research Results, The Pennsylvania State Univ, Graduate Program in Acoustics, 1982
- Illinois State Scholarship
- Ziomek, L.J., “Underwater Acoustics,” in The Encyclopedia of Physical Science and Technology, (Invited Article), (R.A. Meyers, Editor-in-Chief), Academic Press, Orlando, Florida, Vol. 1, pp. 171-190, 1987.
- Ziomek, L.J., “Three-Dimensional Ray Acoustics: New Expressions for the Amplitude, Eikonal, and Phase Functions,” IEEE J. Oceanic Engineering, Vol. 14, pp. 396-399, 1989.
- Ziomek, L.J., and Polnicky, F.W., “The RRA Algorithm: Recursive Ray Acoustics For Three-Dimensional Speeds of Sound,” IEEE J. Oceanic Engineering, Vol. 18, pp. 25-30, 1993.
- Ziomek, L.J., “Sound-Pressure Level Calculations Using the RRA Algorithm for Depth-Dependent Speeds of Sound Valid at Turning Points and Focal Points,” IEEE J. Oceanic Engineering, Vol. 19, pp. 242-248, 1994.
- Ziomek, L.J., Fundamentals of Acoustic Field Theory and Space-Time Signal Processing, CRC Press, Inc., Boca Raton, Florida, 1995.
- Keywords: Underwater Acoustics, Modeling and Simulation