- Xiaoping Yun
Mail Code: EC/Yx
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Graduate School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Monterey, CA 93943
Phone: 831 656-2629
Email: yun (at) nps.edu
DSc - Washington Univ, 1987
MS - Washington Univ, 1984
BS - Northeastern Univ (China), 1982
- 2000-Present: Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 1984-2000: Associate Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 1984 - 1987 - Assistant Professor, Computer and Information Science, Univ of Pennsylvania
- Control systems
- Physics-based modeling
- Robotics and Control Systems
- Wireless Communications
- Human Body Motion Tracking
- Senior Member, Intitute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Member, IEEE Robotics and Automation Society Conference Board
- Vice President for Finance, IEEE Nanotechnology Council
- Yun, X., Bachmann, E.R., Arslan, S., Akyol, K., and McGhee, R.B., An Inertial Navigation System for Small Autonomous Underwater Vehicles, Advanced Robotics, Vol. 15, No. 5, pp. 521-532, 2001.
- Yun, X., Bachmann, E.R., McGhee, R.B., Whalen, R.H., Roberts, R.L., Knapp, R.G., Healey, A.J., and Zyda, M.J., Testing and Evaluation of an Integrated GPS/INS System for Small AUV Navigation, IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 396-404, July 1999.
- Yun, X. and Sarkar, N., Unified Formulation of Robotic Systems with Holomic and Nonholonomic Constraints, IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 640-650, August 1998.
- Yun, X., Alptekin, G., and Albayrak, O., Line and Circle Formation of Distributed Physical Mobile Robots, Journal of Robotic Systems, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 63-72, February 1997.
- Paljug, E. and Yun, X., Experimental Study of Two Robot Arms Manipulating Large Objects, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 177-178, June 1995.
- Keywords: Robotics, Wireless LAN, Wireless Communications, Motion Tracking, GPS/INS Navigation Systems, Nonlinear Control Systems