- Todd Weatherford
Mail Code: EC/Wt
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering &
Space Systems Academic Group
Graduate School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: trweathe (at) nps.edu
PhD - North Carolina State University, 1993
MS - North Carolina State University, 1989
BS - Rutgers University, 1983
- 1995-Present: Associate Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering. Research radiation effects on microelectronics via device and circuit modeling, direct use of NPS' LINAC and Flash X-ray facilities. Teach courses in emerging semiconductor devices, reliability and radiation issues for military electronics and electronic circuit technologies
- 1990 - 1995 - NRL Radiation Effects Branch, Code 6613, Washington, D.C.
- 1984 - 1989 - NCSU Solid State Laboratory, Raleigh, N.C.
- 1983 - 1983 - RCA Corporation, Moorestown and Camden, N.J.
- Solid state and semiconductor physics
- Emerging Nanotechnologies
- Electronic component reliability
- Radiation effects in microelectronics
- Circuits and Devices
- Reliability studies on microelectronics
- Semiconductor device modeling, electrical and thermal
- Radiation-hardening advanced microelectronic technologies
- 1996 GOMAC Conference Honorable Mention Paper Award
- 1996 NRL Alan Berman Award
- 1997 NPS ECE Departmental Research Award
- 1999 NPS Space Systems Academic Group Research Award
- 2000 HEART Conference Meritorious Paper Award
- 2001 IEEE Senior Member Status
- Patents Issued #6,483,134, and # 7074697
- IEEE Reliability Society ADCOM – 2007-2009
- IEEE member of Reliability, Electron Devices and Nuclear Science Societies
- Electronic Materials Symposium board - 2008-2010
- IEEE Monterey Bay Subsection – Secretary 2004-2008
- IEEE Natural Space Radiation Effects Conference Board - 1997
- IEEE Symposium on Circuits and Systems Conference Board - 1997
- T.R. Weatherford and W. T. Anderson, “Historical Perspective on Radiation Effects in III-V Devices”, IEEE Trans. on Nuclear Science, NS-51 June 2003 (invited)
- T.R. Weatherford, “Radiation Effects in High Speed III-V Integrated Circuits”, International Journal for High Speed Electronic Systems, Vol. 13. No 1. March 2003. (invited)
- T.R. Weatherford, J. Whitaker, K. Jobe, S. Meyer, M. Bustamante, S.Thomas III, and K. Elliott, “Single Event Induced Voltage Transients within InP HBT Circuits”, Journal of Radiation Effects, September 2001 (meritorious award).
- T.R. Weatherford, “Low Temperature (LT) Grown GaAs Buffer Layers for III-V Semiconductor Processes”, IEEE GaAs IC Symposium Technical Digest, October 18, 1999.
- Keywords: Electronics, Reliability, Solid State, Radiation Effects