- Monique P. Fargues
Mail Code: EC/Fa
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Graduate School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: fargues (at) nps.edu
PhD - Virginia Polytechnic Inst and State Univ, 1988
MS - Virginia Polytechnic Inst and State Univ, 1984
Dipl.Ing. - ESIEE, France, 1982
- 2008-present: Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 1999-Present: Academic Associate for 590 Curriculum & Associate Chair for Student Programs, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 1996-2008: Associate Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 1989-1996: Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- NPS Committee Memberships: Digital Signal Processing Group Member, Engineering Acoustic Academic Committee Member, NPS Library Council Member, NPS Scholarship Committee
- Signal processing &linear systems
- Neural networks
- Speech signal processing
- Digital and statistical signal processing. Of current interest are applications to communications systems, classification problems, wavelet-based decompositions, and neural network implementations.
- Outstanding Research Achievement in EC Department, 1995
- ECE Department Teaching Award, 1998
- Reviewer for Signal Processing, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing
- Past Associate Editor for the IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, term served 1993-1995.
- Conference Coordinator and member of the Steering Committee for the Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers, 1995-present.
- International Program Committee Member for the International Association of Science and Technology for Development (IASTED), subarea: Signal and Image Processing, 1997-present.
- Keywords: Signal Processing Speech Processing, Classification, Neural Networks, Speech Processing