- Richard S. Coté
Mail Code: CS/sc
Department of Computer Science
Graduate School of Operational and Information Sciences
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: rscote (at) nps.edu
MS - Naval Postgraduate School, 2000
Information Technology Management
BS - SUNY Geneseo, NY, 1990
Management Information Systems
- 2008-Present: Senior Lecturer
- 2001-2008: Lecturer for the Computer Science Department and member of the Center for Information Systems Security Studies and Research (CISR)
- 08/2001 - 6/2003 - MONTEREY PENINSULA COLLEGE, Monterey, CA Adjunct Faculty - Cisco Systems Cisco Networking Academy curriculum
- 4/2001 - present - COTE CONSULTING, INC., Monterey, CA Owner/President - Business consultation, specializing in network design, integration and installation
- 1/2001 - 4/2001 - UNIVERSAL INTERNET , Carmel, CA; Director of Network Design and Implementation
- 1990 - 2001 - UNITED STATES NAVY - Naval Supply Corp Officer
- Computer and Information System Security
- Information Assurance
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Computer and Information Systems Security
- Network Design and Integration
- Wireless Networking
- Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and Robotics
- Distance and Distributed Learning
- Recognized for extraordinary contribution to the design, planning and execution of a new state of the art Glasgow Annex facility for the Computer Science Department and the Cebrowski Institute, 2007.
- Awarded a Space and Naval Warfare Command (SPAWAR) fellowship for research on Virtual Private Network Implementations within the DOD, 1999.
- Faculty Council Parking and Facilities Subcommittees, 2005-Present
- Computer Science Lab Committee, 2002-Present
- R. Scott Cote, Naomi Falby, J.D. Fulp, Paul C. Clark, Cynthia E. Irvine, George W. Dinolt, Timothy E. Levin, Matthew Rose, and Deborah Shifflett, "Information Assurance Capacity Building: A Case Study," Proceedings of the 2004 IEEE Workshop on Information Assurance, United States Military Academy, West Point, NY, June 2004, pp. 31-36.
- Keywords: Computer Security, Information Assurance, Computer and Network Vulnerability, Programming, C++, Robotics, Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV), Security Certification, Computer Security Education, Distance and Distributed Learning.