- David W. Netzer
Distinguished Professor Emeritus & Director, USSOCOM NPS Field Experimentation Program
Mail Code: CDTEMS
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Graduate School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: netzer (at) nps.edu
PhD - Purdue, 1968
MS - Purdue, 1962
BS - Virginia Poly Inst, 1960
- 1996-2003: Associate Provost and Dean of Research
- 2003-Present: CDTEMS Field Experimentation
- 1962 - 1964 - Aerojet General Corp., Engineer
- Aerospace propulsion and power
- Rocket motor plume characteristics
- Liquid and solid fuel ramjets
- Pulse-detonation engines
- Interdisciplinary Field Experimentation
- Admiral J.J. Schiefflin Award for excellence in teaching
- Allen Griffen Award for excellence in teaching
- Hamming Award for interdisciplinary education
- JANNAF Combustion Subcommittee Annual Award
- JANNAF Combustion Subcommittee
- JANNAF Exhaust Plume Technology Subcommittee
- US/France Data Exchange Agreement-Plumes
- Chair, Technical Advisory Board for ONR Pulse Detonation Engine MURI Program
- Member AIAA
- Angus, W. J., Witt, M. A., Laredo, D., and Netzer, D. W., Solid Fuel Supersonic Combustion, La Recherche Aerospatiale, 1993, 6, Nov-Dec, 1-8.
- Laredo, D., McCorie, II, J. D., Vaughn, J. K., and Netzer, D. W., Motor and Plume Particle Size Measurements in Solid Propellant Micromotors, J. Propulsion and Paser, Vol. 10, No. 3, May-June 1994, pp. 410-418.
- Experimental and Analytical Methods for the Determination of Connected-Pipe Ramjet and Ducted Rocket Internal Performance, NATO/AGARD Propulsion and Energetics Panel Working Group 22, D. W. Netzer, Chairman, Advisory Report 323, July 1994.
- Tactical Missile Propulsion, AIAA Prog. in Astronautics and Aeronautics, Vol. 170, 1996, editors, G. E. Jensen and D. W. Netzer
- Solid Fuel Ramjets, Chapt 13, pp. 469-493, S. Leisch and D. W. Netzer.
- Natan, B. and Netzer, D. W., Boron Carbide Combustion in Solid-Fuel Ramjets Using Bypass Air Part I: Experimental Investigation Propellants, Explosives, Pyrotechnics 21, 289-294 (1996).
- (Selected Publications List)
- Keywords: Rockets, Plumes, Ramjets, Scramjets Combined Cycle Propulsion, Hybrids, Solid Fuel Ramjets, Ramjet Combustors, Inlets, Fuel Performance, Rocket Plumes