- Raymond P. Shreeve
Mail Code: MAE/Sf
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Graduate School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Monterey, CA 93943
Email: shreeve (at) nps.edu
PhD - Univ of Washington, 1970
MS - Princeton University, 1961
BS - Imperial College, 1958
- 1985-Present: Professor, Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics Engineering
- 1978-1985: Director, Turbopropulsion Laboratory
- 1975-1977: Associate Professor, Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- 1971-1974: Visiting and NAVAIR Professor
- 1998 - 1998 - Visiting Scholar, University of Queensland, Australia
- 1962 - 1971 - Research Engineer-Scientist, Boeing Scientific Research Laboratories, Seattle, WA
- 1960 - 1962 - Research Associate, Gas Dynamics Laboratory, Princeton University
- Gas Dynamics
- Hypersonic Flight
- Aircraft and Missile Propulsion
- Aircraft Engine Design
- Turbomachinery-Analysis, Design and Test
- Air-breathing propulsion
- Experimental methods
- Certificate of Recognition, Outstanding Instructional Performance, Naval Postgraduate School, 1996
- Certificate of Recognition, Outstanding Research Achievement, Naval Postgraduate School, 1996
- Faculty Advisor Certificate, AIAA Foundation Graduate Team Engine Design Competition, 2nd Place, 1996-97
- Associate Fellow, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA)
- Member, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Member, Sigma Xi (SX)
- Abdelhamid, H.F. and Shreeve, R.P., Sweep in a Transonic Fan Rotor: Part 1. 3D Geometry Package, ASME Paper 98-GT-578, presented at the 43rd ASME Gas Turbine and Aeroengine Technical Congress, Exposition and User's Symposium, June 2-5, 1998, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Abdelhamid, H.F., Shreeve, R.P., and Hobson, G.V., Sweep in a Transonic Fan Rotor: Part 2. CFD and Stress Analyses, ASME Paper 98-GT-579, presented at the 43rd ASME Gas Turbine and Aeroengine Technical Congress, Exposition and User's Symposium, June 2-5, 1998, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Moyle, I.N., Shreeve, R.P. and Walker, G.J., Case Wall Pressures in a Multistage Axial Congressor with Tip Clearance Variation, Journal of Propulsion and Power, Vol. 12, No.5, p. 967-973, Sept-Oct 1996.
- Shreeve, R.P., Elazar, Y., Dreon, J.W. and Baydar, A., Wake Measurements and Loss Evaluations in a Controlled-Diffusion Compressor Cascade, Transactions of the ASME, Journal of Turbomachinery, Vol. 113, No. 4, Oct 1991, pp. 591-599.
- Elazar, Y. and Shreeve, R.P., Viscous Flow in a Controlled Diffusion Compressor Cascade with Increasing Incidence, Transactions of the ASME, Journal of Turbomachinery, Vol. 112, No.2, pp. 256-266, April 1990.
- DOD Key Technologies:
- 1 - Aerospace Propulsion and Power