- Arkes, J., “The Temporal Effects of Parental Divorce on Teenage Substance Abuse,” Substance Use & Misuse (forthcoming)
- Arkes, J., Mehay, S., “The Impact of Unemployment on Attrition of First-Term Enlistees,” to Defence and Peace Economics (2013)
- Yeung, A., Yoho, K., Arkes, J., “Estimates of Unit Cost Reductions of the F-16 fighter as a Result of U.S. Arms Export Production,” Journal of Cost Analysis and Parametrics (2012)
- Arkes, J., “How Divorces and Separations Affect Children’s Weight and the Risk of Being Overweight,” Obesity (forthcoming)
- Shen, Y., Arkes, J., Williams, T.V. “Effects of Iraq/Afghanistan Deployments on Major Depression and Substance Use Disorder: Analysis of Active Duty Personnel in US Military,” American Journal of Public Health (2012), 102(Supplemental), S80-S87.
- Arkes, J., “How Does Youth Cigarette Use Respond to Changes in the Economy? Implications for the Current Economic Crisis,” Substance Use & Misuse (2012), 47(4), 375-382.
- Boynton, M., Arkes J., Hoyle, R., “A Brief Report of a Test of Differential Alcohol Risk Using Sibling Attributions of Paternal Alcoholism,” Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs (2011), 72, 1037-1040.
- Arkes, J., J.Martinez, “Finally, Evidence for a Momentum Effect in the NBA,” to Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports (2011), 7(3), Article 13.
- Arkes, J., “Recessions and the Participation of Youth in the Selling and Use of Illicit Drugs,” Special Issue for International Journal of Drug Policy (2011), 22(5), 335-40.
- Arkes, J., “Do Gamblers Correctly Price Momentum in the NBA Betting Markets?” Journal of Prediction Markets (2011), 5(1), pp. 31-50.
- Arkes, J., “Is Controlling the Rushing or Passing Game the Key to NFL Victories?” The Sport Journal (2011), Volume 14.
- Yu-Chu Shen, Jeremy Arkes, Boon Wah Kwan, Lai Yee Tan, Thomas V. Williams (2010) “The Effect of OEF/OIF Deployment Intensity on the Rate of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Among Active Duty Population,” Military Medicine 175, 763-768.
- Arkes, J. (2010) "Revisiting the Hot Hand Theory with Free Throw Data in a Multivariate Framework," Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports: Vol. 6 : Iss. 1, Article 2.
- Arkes, J., “Using State Unemployment Rates as an Instrument to Estimate the Returns to Schooling,” Southern Economic Journal (January 2010).
- Shen, Y., Arkes J., and Pilgrim, J. “The Effects of Deployment Intensity on Post-traumatic Stress Disorder: 2002-2006.” Military Medicine 174 (3): 217-223. (2009).
- Arkes, J., “How the Economy Affects Teenage Weight,” Social Science & Medicine 68 (11), pp. 1943-1947 (2009).
- Arkes, J, J. Klerman, “Understanding the Link Between the Economy and Teenage Sexual Behavior and Fertility Outcomes” in Journal of Population Economics (2009).
- Arkes, J, M. Iguchi, “How Predictors of Prescription Drug Abuse Vary by Age” in Journal of Drug Issues 38(4), 1027-1044 (Fall 2008).
- Arkes, J., “Does the Economy Affect Teenage Drug Use?” Health Economics 16(1), (2007).
- Harder, V., A. Morral, J. Arkes, “Marijuana use and depression among adults: Testing for causal associations,” Addiction 101(10) (Oct 2006): 1463-1472.
- Garcia, F., J. Arkes, R.P. Trost, "Does Employer-Financed General Training Pay? Evidence From the U.S. Navy," Economics of Education Review 21(1) (Feb. 2002).
- Arkes, J., "What Do Educational Credentials Signal and Why Do Employers Value Credentials?" in Economics of Education Review 18(1) (Feb. 1999).
- Arkes, J., "Trends in Long-run Versus Cross-section Earnings Inequality in the 1970s and 1980s" in The Review of Income and Wealth 44(2) (June 1998).
The pages on this site are dynamic, and are created by a script. Contact Faculty Vitae Admin to report incomplete or incorrect data.
This is an Official U.S. Navy Website